RC poster

1/16 Slash Vxl 4wd springs

Hey everyone I recently bought a used 1/16 slash Vxl 4wd as my first rc car and Iím loving it lol Iím new to this and i have a couple questions the previous owner painted the springs orange and it wasnít well done so Iím trying to get new springs for it the truck came with hard anodized gtr shocks just wondering what spring options do I have Iíve been looking at a couple springs from traxxas the red ones but not quite sure which ones to get Iíve been reading that tan in the front and black in the back is the way to go I also wanted to get a fan for the motor Iíve been looking at one from integy the part number is C25861BLUE but im not sure if it will fit it says itís for a 28mm motor and if Iím not wrong i believe thatís the size of the motor the slash has but any kind of help would be appreciated thanks in advance

RC Competitor
    springs depend on how you're running it. i send mine off some fairly big jumps, and the tan/black combo wasn't strong enough for me. slapped body on landing so many times it eventually cracked. swapped out to the blue/pink springs from the 1/16 summit. same size, but higher spring rate. now she takes those jumps a lot better

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ubernewb View Post
    springs depend on how you're running it. i send mine off some fairly big jumps, and the tan/black combo wasn't strong enough for me. slapped body on landing so many times it eventually cracked. swapped out to the blue/pink springs from the 1/16 summit. same size, but higher spring rate. now she takes those jumps a lot better
    Yea I was reading on another post that itís all depends on your driving style I ordered some tan and black ones already I was wondering if the e-revo and summit springs will work now that you confirmed it Iíll definitely order some blue and pink ones as well thanks by the way what shock oil weight are you running?

RC Competitor
    my merv and my rally both get 30wt oil. the slash gets 80wt for jumping. not the greatest for handling on flat ground, but that's not what that truck is for so it's ok.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ubernewb View Post
    my merv and my rally both get 30wt oil. the slash gets 80wt for jumping. not the greatest for handling on flat ground, but that's not what that truck is for so it's ok.
    Ok yea I understand you I just bought some 60wt oil I do a little flat ground riding but more off roading I’m gonna try it out and see how it goes thanks

RC Enthusiast
    I bought the set of 3 Integy progressive springs for my Slash 1/16 brushed. I'm using the Integy red up front and Integy black in the rear. There's no need for preload with that setup so you get full shock travel. With the Integy reds in the rear you do need about 2mm of preload. The stock shock oil is fine. You'd only need thicker oil if you experience bouncing

RC Enthusiast
    I think the Integy red in front and black in rear are too stiff and long, and the suspension has no downtravel. So I switched to stock "double black" in front with additional preload and Integy red in rear. I'd like more stiffness in front