RC Enthusiast

Rustler Vxl vs Bandit Vxl

I am considering getting a Rustler vxl or a Bandit Vxl.

My question is which of the two do you think handles better on an rc track and which performs better offroad.
    Also which of the two is more durable (breaks less).

Thanks.

I think the Rustler vxl is a better option for both track and offroad...and I think you are "splitting hairs" when it comes to which is more durable. They both share the same platform (chassis, trans, bulkhead, towers, motor/esc, etc.) The difference comes with the front and rear a-arms/links/rear drive axle, as well as the body mounts (the bandit being a buggy not needing the body mounts,) and the wheels tires. The significant positive differences with the rustler are:

1. Larger tires/wheels...better handling, more ground clearance
    2. Wider stance with the longer a-arms...again better handling

I think those are the major highlights. The fact that the body of the rustler is mounted to the mount (instead of the bandit's body being mounted directly to the shock tower,) gives the rustler a slight advantage with crashes "turtle up" because the body mounts themselves will have a bit of flex and give.

My favorite option is to take the rustler and make it a buggy....because I like buggy a lot. Good luck, what a fun choice to get to make.
    MTFBWY

I personally feel the slash handles better off road but thats just my opinion. I have both and the rustler feels too light and has too short of a wheel base. Ive never raced either of my cars but I have driven them on tracks a few times. If you spend the time to fine tune the vehicle to match the track and your style of driving though, both will perform on the track and be a lot of fun.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

Traxxas Marshal
    For me, the choice between Bandit and Rustler comes down to a couple of things: Looks and ground clearance. Like buggies? Bandit may be your choice. Need more ground clearance for things like grass and larger obstacles? The Rustler may be a better option. I have a hard time choosing between the two to be honest. I really like the buggy look. BUT I wanted more ground clearance. I ended up converting my Bandit to a Rustler for that reason. Sometimes I'd stick a Bandit body back on there, though.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

I dont know why but I thought OP was asking about the rustler vs the slash. The rustler would be my choice. My rustler was originally a bandit. The larger wheels and extra width make it easier to handle
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL