Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC poster

Newer Fiesta Rally CVD's? What works?

I recently got out my Deegan rally to install a couple more hop-ups that have been sitting around...Really the only thing left that I would like to get are some upgraded CVD's. With the shorter arms what will work? Will the ones for the original VXL Rally / Slash 4x4 still work? I figured they would not - seeing how they are not listed by Traxxas as available accessories. I also did not see anything from MIP to fit the shorter arms...?

RC poster
    I contacted Traxxas customer support and they confirmed that the CVD's for the original VXL Rally / Slash 4x4 will NOT work on the newer Fiesta Rally with the shorter arms. They said that they would forward my inquiry to the product development team - so...If you want some CVD's for the newer Rally with the shorter arms - contact Traxxas customer support and let them know there is a want for them!

RC poster
    Found a video on YouTube today that showed the MIP CVD's for the Slash 4X4 working fine on a Telluride - so they should also work fine on the Fiesta Rally. I contacted MIP by e-mail just to verify, but have not heard back from them yet...

RC poster
    Here is the YouTube video of the guy that put the MIP CVD's for the Slash 4X4 on his Traxxas Telluride which shares the same shorter suspension arms as the newer Traxxas Fiesta Rally. Looks like they should work fine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8PT1b35brQ

RC Racer
    Please update if you use those on your fiesta and it works out.

Looks like it should be just fine and you’ll get more spline contact in the shaft vs a slash. I compared to a video of a slash 4x4 with the same upgrade
    Last edited by Pwny Danza; 07-20-2018 at 05:43 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwny Danza View Post
    Please update if you use those on your fiesta and it works out.

Looks like it should be just fine and you’ll get more spline contact in the shaft vs a slash. I compared to a video of a slash 4x4 with the same upgrade
    I probably won't be purchasing them right away, but when I do, I will be sure to post up the results!