RC Enthusiast

E-revo 2.0 Red lights! HELP!

Hello!
    Just got my 2.0
    Long story short. (i tried)

Plugged in my fully charged batterys, started up the veichle, everything looks good.
    Opened upp Traxxas Link app on my Android (the app is uppdated)
    The app wanted me to update two things. Cant remeber the first, but the second was the VXL-6S ESC
    It completetd the first one without any issues. But after about halfway through the ESC update, a message popped up, it said that it lost the conecction to my transmitter. I looked at it and the bluetooth light was off.
    Also the message said that i need to turn the transmitter and ESC off and back on an try again. The ESC cannot be turned off right now (it is still in the uppdate progress, and the uppdated have failed).
    Tried to reconect the controller to the ESC to see if it can exit the update progress, but doesnt work. So i had to unplug the battery and plug it back in. After that, the ESC had a solid green light but also now had 3 blinking red lights!! on the manual it said: "Programing error - Contact traxxas support." I tried to see if i can do an update again and see if the lights will go out.
    This time, before i started the update, i noticed that the current version on the ESC is 0.0.0.0 and wanted to update to 2.2.58... Well, the updated finaly did complete without any issue this time, but the lights was still there. Also the app wanted me to update again, and this time i got the 2.2.58 version on the ESC and it wanted me to update to the exact same version, So something is wrong here. Tried to update again and again, but ended up with the same result. same update and still have blinking red lights.
    So i was wondering if you guys know what i can try do now, is it possible to do some king of "hard reset" on the ESC? because i think this is a firmware issue, just need to some kind of reset, and do a fresh resinstall, and it might be good.
    Any ideas?

RC Enthusiast
    Update!

Did try update 3 times again and what happend!? It works now! No red lights anymore, and no more of the same update!
    Now i'm just thinkng if i should keep it or wait till tuesday and try to get a new ESC. But it's working perfectly now!

Run it till it dies! "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

it's alright son, I'll fix it when you break it.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Enthusiast
    Okey, i've hade it out for 3 runs. One thing i'm considering about is the Low voltage dedection, when the truck has shut down, and when i check my batteries one has 3.18-3.17 wich is ok. But, the other one, the two cells are on 3.05-3-04 and the 3rd is on 3.18. thiese batterys is brand new (Gens Ace 5000mah 50C). And it feels like the truck is shutting down to late. I dont know if that is normal, or maybe it can be the firmware issue i had that massed upp the ESC :/

Some other members have tracked the voltage while using the vxl6s, it seems lvc is set a little low and can not be changed. Make sure to always balance charge and rotate which side you plug the batteries in to the truck.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

My original vxl6s was running the batteries that low, I contacted traxxas about it and they had me send it in. They ended up replacing it under warranty and on the new one low voltage kicks in between 3.75 and 3.65 volts. They will fix it if it's under warranty. If it's not I would consider a new ESC. Batteries are exspensive, no sense in ruining them even if it means investing in an ESC with reliable LVC in my opinion.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Empeboy View Post
    Hello!
    Just got my 2.0
    Long story short. (i tried)

Plugged in my fully charged batterys, started up the veichle, everything looks good.
    Opened upp Traxxas Link app on my Android (the app is uppdated)
    The app wanted me to update two things. Cant remeber the first, but the second was the VXL-6S ESC
    It completetd the first one without any issues. But after about halfway through the ESC update, a message popped up, it said that it lost the conecction to my transmitter. I looked at it and the bluetooth light was off.
    Also the message said that i need to turn the transmitter and ESC off and back on an try again. The ESC cannot be turned off right now (it is still in the uppdate progress, and the uppdated have failed).
    Tried to reconect the controller to the ESC to see if it can exit the update progress, but doesnt work. So i had to unplug the battery and plug it back in. After that, the ESC had a solid green light but also now had 3 blinking red lights!! on the manual it said: "Programing error - Contact traxxas support." I tried to see if i can do an update again and see if the lights will go out.
    This time, before i started the update, i noticed that the current version on the ESC is 0.0.0.0 and wanted to update to 2.2.58... Well, the updated finaly did complete without any issue this time, but the lights was still there. Also the app wanted me to update again, and this time i got the 2.2.58 version on the ESC and it wanted me to update to the exact same version, So something is wrong here. Tried to update again and again, but ended up with the same result. same update and still have blinking red lights.
    So i was wondering if you guys know what i can try do now, is it possible to do some king of "hard reset" on the ESC? because i think this is a firmware issue, just need to some kind of reset, and do a fresh resinstall, and it might be good.
    Any ideas?
    Hello friends.

I am teninedo the same problem of the red lights, the truck has 5 min of use.

Do you have an idea how I can solve it? How can I update the ESC? I do not have a Bluetooth module on the remote ...

I hope you can help me

RC Qualifier
    Call Traxxas, its a defect thing.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    Call Traxxas, its a defect thing.
    I live in Argentina...