RC Competitor

E revo 2.0 stutters

Batteries are fully charged. 2x2S. The truck stutters sometimes and sometimes there's no throttle response when I go to take off. Once its moving there's no issues. The green light on the ESC flashes when it stutters. Should I just call Traxxas or is this something I can fix? The truck literally has 4 runs on it and has only been used on 4s so far. Batteries are 5200 mah and 50c/100c burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Paultro84 View Post
    Batteries are fully charged. 2x2S. The truck stutters sometimes and sometimes there's no throttle response when I go to take off. Once its moving there's no issues. The green light on the ESC flashes when it stutters. Should I just call Traxxas or is this something I can fix? The truck literally has 4 runs on it and has only been used on 4s so far. Batteries are 5200 mah and 50c/100c burst.
    Check your batteries in the transmitter, recalibrate the ESC with fresh, fully charged batteries. If that doesn't cure it I would contact support.

It really sounds like the truck is trying to pull more amps than the batteries can deliver. Getting the truck moving from a stand still can take alot of juice. Does it do it if you try to take off slow?

it's alright son, I'll fix it when you break it.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Enthusiast
    Same here, from standing to full throttle it stutters. I have brand new 5000mah 50C batteries.
    Theres no problem going full throttle if i have like 5-10% throttle first. I though i was the only one with abrand new car that did so.

RC Competitor
    The batteries are new in the transmitter. The green light will turn red when they start to die and it's still green.

RC Competitor
    When you bring the truck to a stop it stutters without touching the throttle. Then when I try and take off again, little throttle or full throttle, nothing happens and then all of a sudden it will take off again. The steering still works when the throttle doesn't work.

RC Competitor
    I'll pull the manual out and recalibrate the ESC. maybe the throttle points are off or something. Thanks for all the good ideas.

RC Competitor
    Any news on this? My E Revo stutters too. The servos often won't recenter when standing still. They stutter and try to center but doesn't quite succeed. With car lying on its back I gave a little throttle. At apx 20-25% the steering started turning to the left and at close to full throttle the steering goes a little back and forth between left and right. When driving throttle and steering centering seems fine. Fresh 4s and 6s batteries tried. Reset tx and rx tried to no avail.

Gurba...are you using TSM. The original posts appear to be discussing ESC/ Throttle stutter. You seem to be referring to steering...it sounds like either the TSM is fighting the truck and turned too high or your servos could be fighting each other.

RC Competitor
    My car does both. It stutters on the throttle and I have steering issues. I will start a new thread.