RC poster

Slash 4x4 vxl problems

Hello,
    I have a problem with my traxxas slash. after a few minutes of ride, he starts to brake himself. I drive full throttle and as soon as I let go the throttle, he suddenly brakes very strong, without me wanting it. is the esc broken? or maybe the motor?

Can you recommend me a good alternative to the vxl-3s combo? Are the castle creation combos good? do they fit in the slash?

sorry for the bad english

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by timledermann View Post
    Hello,
    I have a problem with my traxxas slash. after a few minutes of ride, he starts to brake himself. I drive full throttle and as soon as I let go the throttle, he suddenly brakes very strong, without me wanting it. is the esc broken? or maybe the motor?

Can you recommend me a good alternative to the vxl-3s combo? Are the castle creation combos good? do they fit in the slash?

Thats normal. Let off slower when you are at full speed

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    That is not normal. Try recalibrating the esc with the transmitter. That should fix it.
    Slash 4x4 w/TSM
    Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Hello,

Recalibration the esc to the transmitter should fix that.

The castle mamba X with the castle 2400kv motor is an amazing combo for 1/10 as long you’re not looking for a whole lot of power. This is the best choice as well if your somewhat new to the hobby.

If you want more power, you could go with the castle mamba monster X. With the 2650 kv motor. It would require you to move your receiver as it is a motor and esc combo meant for 1/8 scale vehicles. This is a very popular choice.

If your looking for speed and intend to run 6s for example; castle’s mamba monster X with castle’s 2200 kv is the best choice. But once again it is a 1/8 motor and esc and will require you to move the receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this is normal but it does stop rather quickly when you let off the throttle. I just installed a Hobbywing Xerun 2600kv with the XR8 plus esc. It has a setting for coasting to give you the effect of letting off the gas on a 1:1 ratio car. So to say whatever setting I like the motor will run and coast to a stop unless i hit the brake. Not sure if I will ever use it but it's a pretty nifty setting.

I do have a Castle Creations 2650 and 2200kv MMX esc in my 2 other rides and love them both. Sure I will like the Hobbywing too, once i get it finished.
    Last edited by lektro; 07-22-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

Welcome to the forum!
    If I were you, I'd take the wheels off of the truck and make sure there is no hair or anything else that is hindering the truck from rolling. To me it sounds like you may have something stuck behind a wheel hex.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ati View Post
    Recalibration the esc to the transmitter should fix that.

The castle mamba X with the castle 2400kv motor is an amazing combo for 1/10 as long you’re not looking for a whole lot of power. This is the best choice as well if your somewhat new to the hobby.

If you want more power, you could go with the castle mamba monster X. With the 2650 kv motor. It would require you to move your receiver as it is a motor and esc combo meant for 1/8 scale vehicles. This is a very popular choice.

If your looking for speed and intend to run 6s for example; castle’s mamba monster X with castle’s 2200 kv is the best choice. But once again it is a 1/8 motor and esc and will require you to move the receiver.

Does the mamba monster x and the 2650 motor fit in the HCG chassis of my slash? Is there enough place for the esc between the motor and the servo?
    Last edited by timledermann; 07-23-2018 at 01:36 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Does the mamba monster x and the 2650 motor fit in the HCG chassis of my slash? Is there enough place for the esc between the motor and the servo?
    Yes. You would just need to move the receiver.