Thread: Vxl driveshafts

RC Enthusiast

Vxl driveshafts

So, my nieces boyfriend was using my 2wd vxl and broke a driveshaft (not sure how as I wasn’t there)- no big deal- it was there for anyone to use. What is the most inexpensive upgrade for the shafts? I thought I had read that the slash 2wd are a slight upgrade but could not find it again.

I realize that there are better options but there is some instability at my wife’s work and this is a low priority in case something happens.

As a side note I think he is hooked on the hobby and will be looking to get himself one soon.

Thanks
    Rebil

RC Competitor
    Slash 4x4 rear driveshafts are an upgrade. I believe the ends are a bit thicker than the VXL version. Although i have had a set of VXL shafts on an XL-1 truck for ages without issues.

Find a set of take off VXL shafts or 4x4 rear shafts. They cant be much more than $7-10.
    Too many Traxxas R/C's to put in here...

RC Champion
    6852x rear 4x4 drive shafts pretty darn indestructible.
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

MIP driveshafts are apparently good. They are just expensive.

I've read quite a bit about how MIP shafts are too short and pop out all the time on these particular models. Guess that's why they don't break.

I've been using some MIP c-cvds as well as some MIP X-dutys. My favorite are the Sl4sh rear 4x4 axles. Maybe for a street runner metal axles are good, but for bashing or track racing I just don't think it is a good idea. We just recently busted a bearing on a vehicle with the x-dutys, and I am sure that it has to do with those axles. I am definitely done with the c-cvds on rustler/stampede rear-a armed rcs. Again, for on road they may be okay... but if you want to have some decent suspension travel the axles pop out of the cups...totally frustrating. I really need the suspension travel and so they are out.
    The plastic Sl4sh rear axles are lighter as well and offer some flex.
    MTFBWY

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, the heavy duty 4x4 rear driveshafts seem to be the best upgrade on a tight budget. They don't break all that often on 2s. It's only 3s that really eats up plastic drive shafts, but I would be surprised if you are giving your friends a 3s to run in your loaner rc. lol