Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5

    3D Printed Rear Mount

    If anyone is interested in a low profile rear mount for the TRX-4, I've made one here - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3018318


  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,557
    I have been trying to talk myself out of getting a 3D printer... You are not helping...

    Looks nice and clean!
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I have been trying to talk myself out of getting a 3D printer... You are not helping...

    Looks nice and clean!
    Just get one. You won't regret it. I got the Ender 3 and I've been enjoying it. So many possibilities.

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier JatoTheRipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I have been trying to talk myself out of getting a 3D printer... You are not helping...

    Looks nice and clean!
    As TRX4UM said, just get one! Check Slickdeals for sales. Monoprice was having awesome sales on theirs and I love my Monprice Select Mini.

    I'm not sure if these deals are still valid, but they were active a couple of days ago.

    Monoprice MP Select Mini 3D Printer V2 - $179.99 + Free Shipping
    Coupon Code: MINI40
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_...ls+LLC-1122587

    Monoprice Maker Select Plus - $100 OFF + Free Shipping
    Coupon Code: SELPLUS
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_...ls+LLC-1122587

    Monoprice Maker Ultimate 3D Printer - $200 OFF + Free Shipping
    Coupon Code: ULT3D
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...ls+LLC-1122587

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    933
    It's always good to see people 3D printing stuff. I may have to get another printer one of these days.

    How many hours did it take you to design it?
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

  6. #6
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    24
    I'd gather about 8 hours or less for each design but I mixed most of my stuff so there was less design work and more mixing and model fixing.
    3d printers are awesome tho for sure !

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5
    Maybe 30mins. First print looked ok, but did a couple more smaller revisions, so all in all, maybe 5 hours including updates and 3 prints.

  8. #8
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by entityunknown View Post
    I'd gather about 8 hours or less for each design but I mixed most of my stuff so there was less design work and more mixing and model fixing.
    3d printers are awesome tho for sure !
    I so posted this on the wrong post

  9. #9
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42
    I have seen so many horror stories with people who buy cheap and nasty 3d printers. If your going to buy anything under 500 then expect a world of pain and hurt. You will have so much fiddling and failed prints, you will be upgrading the printer to get it to work and print well for the next 6 months your wonder why on earth you did not just but a decent printer in the first place.
    I have been printing for over 5 years and run 4 printers. All the parts are still available if anything breaks, support is amazing and its an incredibly easy system to work on.
    The kits however do cost 800 each rather then $180.
    Just a little advice and my opinion. They have not made a plug and play printer yest under 500. There is plenty of websites where people around the world will print your design or even design it for you too for a very reasonable price nowadays. It is easier then the stress when you simply cannot get the printer to work properly. You will waste hours and hours messing about fiddling with a cheapo. I know I have had a few of them. Yes they print but blimey you will have moe luck doing the lottery.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier JatoTheRipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by audiobull View Post
    I have seen so many horror stories with people who buy cheap and nasty 3d printers. If your going to buy anything under 500 then expect a world of pain and hurt. You will have so much fiddling and failed prints, you will be upgrading the printer to get it to work and print well for the next 6 months your wonder why on earth you did not just but a decent printer in the first place.
    I have been printing for over 5 years and run 4 printers. All the parts are still available if anything breaks, support is amazing and its an incredibly easy system to work on.
    The kits however do cost 800 each rather then $180.
    Just a little advice and my opinion. They have not made a plug and play printer yest under 500. There is plenty of websites where people around the world will print your design or even design it for you too for a very reasonable price nowadays. It is easier then the stress when you simply cannot get the printer to work properly. You will waste hours and hours messing about fiddling with a cheapo. I know I have had a few of them. Yes they print but blimey you will have moe luck doing the lottery.
    This certainly isn't the case anymore. You can get a very nice printer for $200. The bed size and therefore the print size will be small and it might not have all the bells and whistles, but it will print well. The Monoprice Select Mini is a great example of value printers that work well right out of the box.

  11. #11
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42
    As I say, just my opinion and my experience, along with friends and family which have gone down that route of cheap printers.
    I would never lead anyone down a path that is not all smooth and shiny like it is made out to be.

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier JatoTheRipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by audiobull View Post
    As I say, just my opinion and my experience, along with friends and family which have gone down that route of cheap printers.
    I would never lead anyone down a path that is not all smooth and shiny like it is made out to be.
    Same here - just my opinion and my experience with my Monoprice Select Mini. Most owners love theirs. The Ender is supposed to be the new, good, inexpensive printer on the market, but Monoprice products work and they have customer service to back it up.

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    933
    I had a LulzBot Mini. It worked well the one time I used it. My friend has the Taz 5? I think. He convinced me to buy mine, but I just didn't have the time I thought I would. They seem to be pretty good.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •