RC poster

Finally able to get a TRX-4 of my own!!!

Lol, obviously so excited about this, I can't wait to receive my TRX-4 kit and start building it! Been wanting to get a TRX-4 of my own for almost a year.

Is there anyway to track my new truck though? I got the email saying that it was shipped yesterday with a tracking number but the number doesn't work for either UPS or USPS. Google says that it's a UPS tracking number. I looked up the order number on Traxxas.com & it says that there isn't any information regarding that number. Any suggestions?

RC poster
    Wow, ok I feel like a dork. Half hour after posting that message about the package tracking I got an email from UPS with the tracking. :-/ Lol, did I mention "I'm excited", and evidently a bit overly impatient.

nice man you will love it. I always buy the RTR rc's from traxxas. I remember the old days of always having to assemble them.
    Slash, Stampede,Craniac,X2 TRX4 ,ford gt 4 tec 2.0

Congrats! You got the kit? Awesome. I can't wait to see your build.

RC Racer
    Excited for you man! You're stoked. Enjoy and please post pics.
    Last edited by ExplorerNate87; 07-25-2018 at 02:54 PM.

RC poster
    Thanks guys. Ya ExplorerNate87, I am MOST definitely stoked! My TRX-4 left Texas at 3:19pm today & is due here by end of the day Friday. I am just counting the hours. Got my work space all cleared out & ready. I am going to post LOTS of pics & probably do a build vid for my channel. I need some new content & to get it active again. Yup JatoTheRipper, I got the kit, a 2cell LiPo and the charger and I also got some rims. That sweet deal that Traxxas has running. Lol, I saw that, & just couldn't pass up such an awesome deal. Lol, I sound like a commercial.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dao20 View Post
    Thanks guys. Ya ExplorerNate87, I am MOST definitely stoked! My TRX-4 left Texas at 3:19pm today & is due here by end of the day Friday. I am just counting the hours. Got my work space all cleared out & ready. I am going to post LOTS of pics & probably do a build vid for my channel. I need some new content & to get it active again. Yup JatoTheRipper, I got the kit, a 2cell LiPo and the charger and I also got some rims. That sweet deal that Traxxas has running. Lol, I saw that, & just couldn't pass up such an awesome deal. Lol, I sound like a commercial.
    Least you know what you're doing for the weekend. The new truck is always great to get

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Least you know what you're doing for the weekend. The new truck is always great to get
    Ya, absolutely! Building Friday night and then trailing Saturday. :-D

RC Enthusiast
    that's exactly how i felt about getting a trx4.i've watched every video on the internet about the trx 4 and i was so excited to get one!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by KyletheRCguy View Post
    that's exactly how i felt about getting a trx4.i've watched every video on the internet about the trx 4 and i was so excited to get one!
    Lol, ya really. When I first saw it last year I showed my then 7 year old and she thought it so awesome, Then eventually got sick seeing the videos from me watching soooooo many. Lol. Bet she's going to go back to loving it once she gets to drive it & go trailing with me. :-D

Of which, Just read it's in my state! Basically the other end but still my state. Can't wait till tomorrow! If they deliver it same time as they did my other package today, it'll be here waiting for me when I get home from work. B-)

Awesome you are going to love it. By this time tomorrow you will be a pig in ghit!!
    Enjoy!!
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

RC poster
    Ok, slight snafu. But the guy at Traxxas that I talked to seamed really nice & said that it would only take a few days to get straitened out. :-/ Fingers crossed.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok, slight snafu. But the guy at Traxxas that I talked to seamed really nice & said that it would only take a few days to get straitened out. :-/ Fingers crossed.
    Aww hate when that happens. I always try to buy in-shop. I'm too impatient. Especially when issues come up. I'll drive 40 miles out of my way to pick up a kit thats in stock than order online lol. Just did that yesterday actually.

RC poster
    Wow! So far, I'm finding that Traxxas has one of the worst customer service departments that i have EVER come across. Has anyone else had a similar experience or problems with them?

The 'issue' that I mentioned on Friday (the 27th) that I had was that my TRX-4 and accessories never showed up! I have wanted and saved for almost a year, it took me that long because I'm a single father and money is beyond tight. I got the notification on Friday while at work that my TRX-4 was delivered, so I rush home after work to find nothing. So I call Traxxas & spoke with Dan, he tells me: "What were going to do is contact UPS about this" He confirms all my info, & tells me "we'll go a ahead and contact them" (UPS) I ask how long that this is going to take & he tells me "ya, ya like a couple days. That's typical, um, when something like this happens. UPS needs some time to look into it, get in contact with you. That's typically what I see"

I call Traxxas Monday the 30th and speak with Matt. Now HE tells me: that it can take 10 to 15 days. Also tells me that I should be getting a call or email about the investigation from UPS in the next day or so. That I could call UPS if I want to, but that I don't have to.

Now I call UPS today while on my break at work (the 31st) & UPS tell me that there has been nothing filed, that Traxxas hasn't called. UPS said that Traxxas has to start an investigation.

How is UPS suppose to do an investigation and contact me if they never bothered to do what they said that he would do and contact UPS to file the investigation???

I call Traxxas again after I get home from work, and say I want to speak to a supervisor, John tells me that the manager isn't currently available so he transfers me to a line that just keeps ringing for over an hour. So either John transferred me to an inactive line knowing that I wouldn't get any help or the manager just couldn't bother to answer the line at any point of an entire hour to help an obviously already very upset customer.

If this is how customers are treated, how on earth is this company staying in business? From what this first time customer has seen the engineers are some of the best in the business. However, the customer service department WT*?!? Seriously!?!

RC Enthusiast
    Wow! So far, I'm finding that Traxxas has one of the worst customer service departments that i have EVER come across. Has anyone else had a similar experience or problems with them?

The 'issue' that I mentioned on Friday (the 27th) that I had was that my TRX-4 and accessories never showed up! I have wanted and saved for almost a year, it took me that long because I'm a single father and money is beyond tight. I got the notification on Friday while at work that my TRX-4 was delivered, so I rush home after work to find nothing. So I call Traxxas & spoke with Dan, he tells me: "What were going to do is contact UPS about this" He confirms all my info, & tells me "we'll go a ahead and contact them" (UPS) I ask how long that this is going to take & he tells me "ya, ya like a couple days. That's typical, um, when something like this happens. UPS needs some time to look into it, get in contact with you. That's typically what I see"

I call Traxxas Monday the 30th and speak with Matt. Now HE tells me: that it can take 10 to 15 days. Also tells me that I should be getting a call or email about the investigation from UPS in the next day or so. That I could call UPS if I want to, but that I don't have to.

Now I call UPS today while on my break at work (the 31st) & UPS tell me that there has been nothing filed, that Traxxas hasn't called. UPS said that Traxxas has to start an investigation.

How is UPS suppose to do an investigation and contact me if they never bothered to do what they said that he would do and contact UPS to file the investigation???

I call Traxxas again after I get home from work, and say I want to speak to a supervisor, John tells me that the manager isn't currently available so he transfers me to a line that just keeps ringing for over an hour. So either John transferred me to an inactive line knowing that I wouldn't get any help or the manager just couldn't bother to answer the line at any point of an entire hour to help an obviously already very upset customer.

If this is how customers are treated, how on earth is this company staying in business? From what this first time customer has seen the engineers are some of the best in the business. However, the customer service department WT*?!? Seriously!?!
    Wow that is probably the worst thing that could have happened. I've never had issues with their CS. But I also don't purchase directly from their site. This is why I try to buy in-store at a hobby shop. Don't like leaving everything up to shipping. At this point your best bet is to message them on Twitter or Instagram so someone from marketing and PR can get this straightened out. They're usually better at customer service than customer service is because they know it could turn into bad press. While you're messaging them I would keep calling in and asking for supervisors.

In the future if you ever do purchase another R/C online try to go through a 3rd party retailer like Hobby Town. I think you'd have better luck with their CS than Traxxas directly.
    Last edited by norazi-j; 08-01-2018 at 01:59 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by norazi-j View Post
    Wow that is probably the worst thing that could have happened. I've never had issues with their CS. But I also don't purchase directly from their site. This is why I try to buy in-store at a hobby shop. Don't like leaving everything up to shipping. At this point your best bet is to message them on Twitter or Instagram so someone from marketing and PR can get this straightened out. They're usually better at customer service than customer service is because they know it could turn into bad press. While you're messaging them I would keep calling in and asking for supervisors.

In the future if you ever do purchase another R/C online try to go through a 3rd party retailer like Hobby Town. I think you'd have better luck with their CS than Traxxas directly.
    Ya, they had that great deal of a free battery & charger & free shipping to boot, n I went for it. I've called in repeatedly asking for a supervisor & they are never available. Last night & this morning both called wanting a supervisor & one just seams never to be available. Like customers problems aren't worth their time. I'm to the point of contacting the Better Business Bureau to see if my doing that would be worth their time and attention.

update, I just tried calling during the day now as well & even though Chris had pulled up my name and everything else, he still refused to even consider to connect me with a supervisor, said "ok man, if your not going to help me out to help you, then I don't know what I can do for you. So you have a good rest of your day, ok." and then flat out hung up on me.
    Last edited by Dao20; 08-01-2018 at 02:42 PM. Reason: an update

This is something you must go through customer service to resolve. The forums are not the place for it.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn