Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    short bar housings are a hair under 4 inches long (3.95) and about .43 inches thick. 4.2 inches hole to hole.

long bar is ~8 inches long, same thickness. Probably 8.2 inches hole to hole, but this bar has a slight curve to it that matches windshield, maybe 0.25" of curve mid-span.

Let me know if you need more accurate info.
    This is great, I'll put a measuring tape against my X-Maxx tonight and see. I'm thinking the long light bar could fit inside on the top of the windshield - mounted to the internal roll cage. The rear lights should also work like this. (holes cut in shell to suit) Not sure what to do with the bumper LEDs yet.
    What dimensions is on the rear bar?

Also is there any sticker on the amplifier that lists voltage specs? Biggest worry is that I'll fry it when I hook it up to 8S ESC. I guess I need to check the BEC voltage output at the ESC connector and cross reference it. What is the BEC voltage output of the UDR ESC do you know?
    Last edited by morch_66479; 08-14-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Getting back into the RC game after 10 years!

RC Racer
    I think the VXL-6s is 6.0v
    I'm the reason why we can't have nice things!

RC Racer
    The BEC on the vxl-8s AND vxl-6s in 6.0v. I dont see why it would burn up on 8s. it should be no different than a fan or receiver or any other kind of accessory. That being said, maybe call traxxas before hooking a $150 into the xmaxx lol

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Teae View Post
    The BEC on the vxl-8s AND vxl-6s in 6.0v. I dont see why it would burn up on 8s. it should be no different than a fan or receiver or any other kind of accessory. That being said, maybe call traxxas before hooking a $150 into the xmaxx lol
    I understand. Sounds like it may work. I contacted them but they weren't willing to offer advice on fitting the kit to an x-maxx. They didn't even tell me voltage outputs like you just did.
    Thought they would have been more helpful.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I found the bec voltage on the website. I dont see why it would be any different from 6s to 8s. If you are really concerned about it I suppose you could install a BEC and eliminate the esc feeding power to anything.

RC poster
    Did it work with the app?

RC Qualifier
    Just FYI, the update for the app has been released.

RC Competitor
    Nice. Updating now. Thanks.

RC poster
    Has anyone found the light controller in the app???

RC poster
    Never mind, I found it on the dashboard.

RC poster
    got mine in the mail today will be doing the lexan cover mod as i have a habit if hitting stuff hahahah

RC Competitor
    One thing I've noticed - if you use the Traxxas Link app, it resets all the transmitter / receiver settings to factory.

RC poster
    Has anyone had an issue with the connector for the front 2 grill lights not working. Ive tested both light on their own and they both work but when i used the connector they wont work.

RC Competitor
    Mine works.

RC Competitor
    I was meant to see would this light kit work on my X-Maxx a few months ago but I've had nothing but issues with the X-Maxx and only just got it running last week. Might need to save another little bit to be able to try this out. Has anyone else tried it since?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12