E-Maxx LiPo mode? also fan not spinning

Im looking at a friends E-maxx. I know on newer ESC's the green light means its in LiPo mode. This esc has a yellow light and just an on off switch. thanks I tried the search mode.

edit: its a brushless motor
    Last edited by lotust251; 07-27-2018 at 06:51 AM.
    Slash, Stampede,Craniac,X2 TRX4 ,ford gt 4 tec 2.0

I am starting to think the is so old id does not have LVD on the esc?

RC Qualifier
    Which ESC does it have? The old old ones have a Novak ESC. This is on the much older ones though. They don’t have LVC. A photo or 2 might help.

Quote Originally Posted by lotust251 View Post
    I am starting to think the is so old id does not have LVD on the esc?
    All of the “old” stock brushless ESCs are made or licensed by Castle Creations and all have LVC.
    This can be enabled or disabled via manual programming (trigger pulls) but the LVC level cannot be changed without using a CastleLink adapter or FieldLink card. The LVC default value is 3.0 or 3.2 Volts per cell, depending on age of ESC. I strongly recommend changing it to 3.5 Volts per cell.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Which ESC does it have? The old old ones have a Novak ESC. This is on the much older ones though. They don’t have LVC. A photo or 2 might help.
    I only looked at it for a few minutes. My friend from work thought it was dead. he was telling me it would not respond to the controller. I said straight off. dude the controller has dead batteries... we laughed. Installed new AA batteries and it came to life.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    All of the “old” stock brushless ESCs are made or licensed by Castle Creations and all have LVC.
    This can be enabled or disabled via manual programming (trigger pulls) but the LVC level cannot be changed without using a CastleLink adapter or FieldLink card. The LVC default value is 3.0 or 3.2 Volts per cell, depending on age of ESC. I strongly recommend changing it to 3.5 Volts per cell.

thanks for that info. I thought the esc looked NON traxxas. I will see if I can search this trigger pull thing. The owner knows very little about traxxas RC's.

edit: also does the fan thermally activated or should it be on when the ESC is switched on? thanks
    Last edited by lotust251; 07-28-2018 at 09:25 AM.

The fan on a MM2 or MXL-6S should always run briefly when first powered up. If it doesn’t, the fan is dead or stuck. Replacement fan and case is around $12 IIRC.
    It is temperature regulated after that.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    The fan on a MM2 or MXL-6S should always run briefly when first powered up. If it doesn’t, the fan is dead or stuck. Replacement fan and case is around $12 IIRC.
    It is temperature regulated after that.
    thank you for this info.