RC Racer

UDR is most awesome RC I have ever driven - newb

Like I said, I am returning after 30 years of RC car hiatus, but holy cow......this truck is unbelievable.

I am running with Traxxas 7600mAh - 2S packs.

In my opinion, this thing is FAST on 4S......I cant imagine 6S (but I will probably be tempted....)

When I first started her up, I started driving and just had a heck of a time keeping from rolling at each turn around.....I was dumb. Ballistic speed plus easy roll = on roof alot! No serious damage, just minor scratches.

THEN, I remembered to check the TSM stability management knob......it was OFF! I put it on 50% and instantly this truck turns into a completely different and stable machine. It will still roll in the turns, but it goes where you point it and tracks straight as an arrow. This is even on 50%.

Once I learned to goose the throttle and drift the turn arounds, I was having an absolute blast with this truck. It is a missile, up hill, down hill, jumps, staying straight as an arrow......I have never seen anything like it. But, as I said, I am returning to RC cars after a 30 year break. (I am 45 year ol engineer kid).

I am thrilled with this purchase so far, and I will have even more fun detailing it. That said, I will definitely have a body for running hard, and a show body. It is very easy to find oneself wanting to jump anything you can.....which inevitably leads to rolls.

I will hopefully still have an XMAXX one day too, but I love that this truck does require you t learn how to drive. Once I have more than 25 minutes on this (my batteries still are not dead), I am going to be a great RC driver.

Next up, a go pro or other camera for some creative photos and slo-mo video.....any suggestions for some good slo-mo capability?

AWESOME truck!

RC Competitor
    I agree!! I am running same Ah battery set up (Lectron) and it runs forever!! Love my UDR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the UDR family
    and back to enjoying the RC hobby
    fabricator

RC Racer
    Steering gave out on me this evening, 5 minutes in to second run. No impact, other than backing slowly over a small log. Just stopped responding. It may just be unplugged, or else I have my first casualty. I can manually move wheels and hear gear train moving within servo, but it is not energized. Hope it is just unplugged!

Going to take it apart and inspect things a bit. This truck sure knows how to roll, and at speed that means lots of rolls! It is a rugged SOB though!

Love it.

RC Competitor
    I suspect blown fuse. Time for a new steering Servo - you just became a full fledged member of the UDR club.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm back too from 20 years out....I'm 35 though (accountant!).

Anyway, my steering servo went out on my second run....I googled stuff and I got a Savox which I really like. Direct fit with the 1256TG.

Couple weeks later, I broke many stuff, replaced many parts, did many orders ;-)

RC Competitor
    Who hasnít replaced a steering servo???

RC Racer
    Savox is on my short list, assuming the stock unit is a goner.

Build, crash, repair, repeat?

RC poster
    I too am having just as much fun with my new UDR. It’s a brilliant truck that really looks the part at speed.

I changed the stock Servo out after one session having seen just how many fail. I installed a 1256TG Savox. Whether it was coincidence or just getting to used it, I hardly binned it on my second set of packs. To me, the truck was far more controllable and wasn’t as upset by ruts and undulations with the new Servo. Highly recommended. Again based on advice on this forum, I also installed a Glitch buster although I have the TSM turned off. Felt it couldn’t hurt for the money.

Looking forward to detailing this bad boy. Just seen the post on the light kit .....

RC Competitor
    Who hasnít replaced a steering servo???
    I replaced mine before it was ever powered on.

RC Racer
    Well, unscrewed the servo, opend it up, found the blown fuse, removed it and replaced it with a small chunk of wire and solder and servo is operational again.

So, now something downstream will blow when it has the chance!

There is at least one video online that discusses this procedure, but I have not heard how long it lasts or if it leads to any other problems.....I will report when I know anything.

In the mean time, I am back running.

RC poster
    In the mean time, I am back running.[/QUOTE]

Thatís the main thing

RC Racer
    Whats the worst that can happen? your "broken" servo actually breaks? lol
    I'm the reason why we can't have nice things!

RC Racer
    Well, I actually considered for a moment that the fuse may have been added to protect an inadequately supply in the receiver, but if it powers the Savox unit OK, I would think it will be fine. If the receiver doesnt have its own protection, I guess I will be replacing a receiver next maybe!

Otherwise, yes, the servo cant really be any worse off, other than a burned out component further down the circuit. We'll see!

RC Competitor
    Well, unscrewed the servo, opend it up, found the blown fuse...
    I wonder if Traxxas had a bad batch or if all 2075X servos, even the replacements are bad?

RC Racer
    I had several servos go out in the past.

I always go with savox or protek

RC Racer
    It has an internal fuse that blows, you can fix it by putting a solder dot to bridge the gap. Thereís a video on YouTube. Even after the fix it will still glitch when stressed and a glitch buster wont make it any better. Save yourself the headache and upgrade the servo with whatever brand you prefer

RC Racer
    That maybe explains the tendency it now seems to have to turn when I reverse. Moving forwards it seems to be fine for some reason and no glitching noticed. I will buy a new servo, probably savox.

Thanks for input!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Teae View Post
    Whats the worst that can happen?
    Umm... you lose control, causing $799 to careen of an embankment and explode into flames?

jk
    Last edited by TraxxasTyro; 07-29-2018 at 03:23 PM.

RC Racer
    If you could catch that in slo-mo it would go viral