Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Does anyone have glocs that are not modified with a CC 2650 that can show me how much they balloon on the work bench. It would be very help for me and save a few dollars....
    Choose Life !!!

This is some good tire related news-
    https://www.prolineracing.com/wheels...ack-wheels.asp
    I didn't know where to post this but this thread seemed the best. I'm glad to finally have more options for 17mm hex SCT tires! Im not a fan of the DE racing ones.
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Does anyone have glocs that are not modified with a CC 2650 that can show me how much they balloon on the work bench. It would be very help for me and save a few dollars....
    I do. Of course I donít run Castle motors, but youíll get the idea. Gotta get a 12mm hex. Mine disappeared, going through the 17mm conversion a while back. Would you like to see them disentegrate on 6S?

Quote Originally Posted by Iansprouse1 View Post
    This is some good tire related news-
    https://www.prolineracing.com/wheels...ack-wheels.asp
    I didn't know where to post this but this thread seemed the best. I'm glad to finally have more options for 17mm hex SCT tires! Im not a fan of the DE racing ones.
    Too bad there are not more 2.8 17mm options...
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Cool Grip! I think 3s should be sufficient or maybe 4s. Are you speaking of your rusty? I didn't know you could go 6s. Legally anyhow....
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Cool Grip! I think 3s should be sufficient or maybe 4s. Are you speaking of your rusty? I didn't know you could go 6s. Legally anyhow....
    My motor and ESC enjoy plenty of 6S time.

This is test 2 the left tire is just rubber and foam. The right tire is gooped and fiberglass mesh on the treads only. 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.

Will have the other tire's glued this week. E6000 on the sidewalls and fiberglass mesh and goop on the tread.
    https://youtu.be/P5eAbycfLwU
    Last edited by lektro; 09-02-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    WOW lektro that is impressive, koodo's thank's for all your R&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    WOW lektro that is impressive, koodo's thank's for all your R&D.
    Thank you D Rain Dawg. Making a tad bit of progress now. Good thing I have 3 hands.

I see I need to work on my sound quality....
    Last edited by lektro; 09-02-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

It seems your hard work has paid off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

Impressive

This is test 2 the left tire is just rubber and foam. The right tire is gooped and fiberglass mesh on the treads only. 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.

Will have the other tire's glued this week. E6000 on the sidewalls and fiberglass mesh and goop on the tread.
    https://youtu.be/P5eAbycfLwU
    You can really see how the sidewalls get stretched..

If I'm not too late to respond:
    How about weighing the untreated tire/rim and your "lektro tire treatment" tire and rim? I would love to see how much weight difference there is and the overall weight comparison...

Looks really good!!!!!! Congrats lektro, you are onto something here.

I did find out why R/C tires mainly are not reinforced with cordage and belting.... Basicaly it would almost double the manufacturing costs. But someone smart in that industry must think of selling a "Premier" tire line with this in mind cause us R/C nuts would buy them.... Especially those who are pushing serious power.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 09-05-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone seen the tires on eBay that take air like a real tire. I think they are made more for crawlers, but none the less they are pretty sweet looking.

RC Qualifier
    Here is a pic of them

RC Qualifier

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    You can really see how the sidewalls get stretched..

If I'm not too late to respond:
    How about weighing the untreated tire/rim and your "lektro tire treatment" tire and rim? I would love to see how much weight difference there is and the overall weight comparison...

Looks really good!!!!!! Congrats lektro, you are onto something here.

I did find out why R/C tires mainly are not reinforced with cordage and belting.... Basicaly it would almost double the manufacturing costs. But someone smart in that industry must think of selling a "Premier" tire line with this in mind cause us R/C nuts would buy them.... Especially those who are pushing serious power.
    Yes sir, after seeing that, made me think about using more than just the A6000 on the sidewalls.

You are not too late. I have so many tires I forgot I had some glocs without any mods. I don't have a scale but do have a mail room where I work and sure they have one. I at least know working for a college, I can find one somewhere. I will take them to work and get them weighed for ya.

As the hobby has progressed, I have seen where more and more people are going all out for speed. Maybe one day, someone might give it a go. The more I do this, the more I think of different ways that might work. Always open for suggestions, remarks or negative comments. They all help!

Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Has anyone seen the tires on eBay that take air like a real tire. I think they are made more for crawlers, but none the less they are pretty sweet looking.
    Yeh I have seen those. Saw them once and never looked back at them. Didn't make much sense to me. UNLESS they are corded and belted...Tell me it's so and I will have another look, see.

LOL I did just notice you put air in them the same as you do a football. At least it looks that way. I wonder what the plugs are for.
    Last edited by lektro; 09-05-2018 at 04:42 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

I just decided. I am going to do something different to the the sidewalls. I had mentioned in an earlier post about using an old polyester shirt. Glued in place the poly will not stretch at all. What do you think about this Rob?

Only place that will stretch will be near the bead. shouldn't be much there you think?
    Choose Life !!!

I just decided. I am going to do something different to the the sidewalls. I had mentioned in an earlier post about using an old polyester shirt. Glued in place the poly will not stretch at all. What do you think about this Rob?

Only place that will stretch will be near the bead. shouldn't be much there you think?

AH HA!!!! How did you know I work in a factory that produces garments??? We have all sort of materials here.

Careful, some polyester will stretch lengthways but no sideways, this is called single stretch... Double Knit polyester would be what I would use, it is the most durable form and should glue up pretty good..

Do a test patch using the glue and make sure it does not chemically interact with the polyester, we have some glues here that we use on the seams just before they are stitched and found some of them literally had a chemical reaction making the polyester stiff and brittle.... So do a test patch of it before putting on a tire.....

IF you find issues with gluing it I have one suggestion, Denim....

Good luck!!! Who knows you may devlop a way to construct the material so it literally is formed to fit and have a market for them... These Electric motors devlop serious power and have surpassed the Nitro's as far as speed and torque is concerned... Fastest R/C's are electric now. They've come a long way and battery technology is fueled by not only the R/C market but computers, cars, phones... So we will see much more development there too.

This is one of the more intersting threads I've seen in a Looong time!!!!
    All Lives Matter

AH HA!!!! How did you know I work in a factory that produces garments??? We have all sort of materials here.

Careful, some polyester will stretch lengthways but no sideways, this is called single stretch... Double Knit polyester would be what I would use, it is the most durable form and should glue up pretty good..

Do a test patch using the glue and make sure it does not chemically interact with the polyester, we have some glues here that we use on the seams just before they are stitched and found some of them literally had a chemical reaction making the polyester stiff and brittle.... So do a test patch of it before putting on a tire.....

IF you find issues with gluing it I have one suggestion, Denim....

Good luck!!! Who knows you may devlop a way to construct the material so it literally is formed to fit and have a market for them... These Electric motors devlop serious power and have surpassed the Nitro's as far as speed and torque is concerned... Fastest R/C's are electric now. They've come a long way and battery technology is fueled by not only the R/C market but computers, cars, phones... So we will see much more development there too.

This is one of the more intersting threads I've seen in a Looong time!!!!
    I just took a wild guess that you worked in the garment business.

Glad you commented on this before I made a move. I am still planning on doing the sidewalls with something. Still thinking polyester. They gave us some polyester shirts, dark blue and button up as a uniform shirt at work. This sounds like something upper management would do to make it 20 degrees hotter for the folks that work outside. NO common SENSE. 30 years of working there and now they decide they want us to wear a uniformed shirt. These shirts do not stretch, nor do they absorb any moisture. I refuse to wear them so cutting them up and making a use for them sounded good to me.

Good ole denim, never thought of that. Whatever I use will have to wait. I need to order more E6000. Between the goop and that, I know I have used at least 10- 2.7 oz tubes. All has been worth it though. I love to take something with a minor flaw and make it better when I know I can. Rewarding of the mind, when it all works out as planned. Normal life is not going well so this truly helps with that..

This is just a small test I am doing with the goop and E6000. This is the goop. Ordered the E6000 today. Poured about 3/32 " into this pill cap. pulled it out this morning. Will let it dry for a few days then give it a stretch test. Let me know how well, or if it will work without re-enforcement. Funny how you think of these things as you go...............

That right there feels like a feather in my hand as far as weight.

Thanks for all your input Rob

To be continued!!!!!
    Last edited by lektro; 09-08-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

Update..........I know in the beginning of this post. There were a few questions and statements made that i had no answers for. I would like to apologize for no response...I have answers now.

I have been pulling and stretching this all day today. As you can see, It always came back to shape. Even if the centrifugal focre push's it off the tire. You will still have a solid piece going around the whole tire. . I do think the goop will stay on the tire. Only time will tell.

With the Glocs, on the inner tread. The goop will go nowhere due to the forming around the webbing. Been sitting around today playing online 8 ball and thinking about the tires... This just popped in my mind. What yall think ?
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer
    I like the polyester material idea. Another more rigid idea would be fiberglass screen besides the fiberglass drywall tape. Just like the poly u could cut it to shape.

Why are you going to use both goop and E6000? I thought they were similar. I have only used goop VERY limited on my truck interior switch mount.i was impressed,btw....
    Last edited by Workingstiff; 09-09-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Workingstiff View Post
    I like the polyester material idea. Another more rigid idea would be fiberglass screen besides the fiberglass drywall tape. Just like the poly u could cut it to shape.

Why are you going to use both goop and E6000? I thought they were similar. I have only used goop VERY limited on my truck interior switch mount.i was impressed,btw....
    I use the goop to adhere anything on my rigs that should be screwed down, but can't be. I did use the fiberglass mesh and not the drywall tape. The tape did not seem strong enough.

You must have missed one of the posts. The reason I used E6000 on the sidewalls, It seeked the lowest point inside on the sidewalls before setting up. The goop sets up faster and did not run as well as the E6000. The goop I put on the inside of the tread, set's up in like 1 minute once it comes in contact with air. Made the job on the tread much easier as I could mold it by hand quickly.
    It was a bit hard to get the fiberglass mesh in there due to the fact of the weave was always coming apart, But I got er done. I will be checking on something different for the next set. I am thinking the polyester will be good due to it staying in one piece and easier to get a more custom fit.

Post 7 shows the drywall tape in the tire. Post 15 shows where i took it out. Post 18 shows the fiberglass gooped into place.

If you look at the nozzle end of these pics. You can see one reason I used both.
    Last edited by lektro; 09-09-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

Looks promising Gents!

The tire on the right is with goop and fiberglass mesh on the inside on the tread. The tire on the left has goop and fiberglass mesh on the inner tread and E6000 on the sidewalls.

Rob, I wish I would have listened to you about cutting the edges of the foam. Wasn't easy keeping the bead flush with the rim. I will be using that trick in the furure...

this test was on 2s 3s test pending...

https://youtu.be/0X57TNdN9uI
    Last edited by lektro; 09-11-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

Looks promising Gents!

The tire on the right is with goop and fiberglass mesh on the inside on the tread. The tire on the left has goop and fiberglass mesh on the inner tread and E6000 on the sidewalls.

Rob, I wish I would have listened to you about cutting the edges of the foam. Wasn't easy keeping the bead flush with the rim. I will be using that trick in the furure...

this test was on 2s 3s test pending...

https://youtu.be/0X57TNdN9uI
    Remember to make sure your rims have venting holes in them, and you do want SOME ballooning, it helps absorb the bumps and bounces when under speed..... Having too stiff a tire can affect traction as well while under speed, it's not JUST the compound of the tire. Some of the bumpier tracks with big jumps I would use a tire that had a little more give to it and actually dropped lap times.

Lektro it's looking great keep it up. Once you are satisfied I hope you do a full write up of the "LektroTire Mod"... it would help a lot of folks out there. I may even drop a dime next year and finally get an electric but I have one LAST Nitro build to do.... But this is about your tire experiments and it's awesome!!! keep up the great work!
    All Lives Matter

I may even drop a dime next year and finally get an electric but I have one LAST Nitro build to do....
    Hmmm... Electonaught?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Has a nice ring to it.....
    Choose Life !!!

Remember to make sure your rims have venting holes in them, and you do want SOME ballooning, it helps absorb the bumps and bounces when under speed..... Having too stiff a tire can affect traction as well while under speed, it's not JUST the compound of the tire. Some of the bumpier tracks with big jumps I would use a tire that had a little more give to it and actually dropped lap times.

I was actually thinking the rubber itself is pretty soft already which would absorb bumps and whatnot. These Glocs I just finished are actually softer that the GRPs. Plus, the goop itself does have some stretch/give to it.

I guess its time for some testing on pavement now.......Egads
    Last edited by lektro; 09-12-2018 at 03:41 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

https://youtu.be/w5kZshsVN7M

Just wanted to show y'all how the goop stretches. I have an idea in my head.......To be continued.
    Choose Life !!!

I was actually thinking the rubber itself is pretty soft already which would absorb bumps and whatnot. These Glocs I just finished are actually softer that the GRPs. Plus, the goop itself does have some stretch/give to it.

I guess its time for some testing on pavement now.......Egads
    Venting the rims are important it prevents the foams from getting all tore up.... It will not increase the amount of ballooning, that's a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie
    Hmmm... Electonaught?
    Electonaught???? Nope, you should see what I can do with a Nitro and it's always my preference as I love the sound,,, no speakers required....

Doesn't mean I can't have on ine the stable though....

Back to tires....
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 09-14-2018 at 10:16 AM.
    All Lives Matter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12