RC Enthusiast

Revo 2.5r transmission problems

Iíve bought a nice 2.5r and the owb was out so I got that and it worked for about a month then the truck wasnít moving I would press the throttle and it was just sitting there almost like it was revving then maybe all the sudden it would go in gear then it would either die or start working for about 5 seconds then rev again then if I put in reverse it would like kick like it was struggling to go in gear. So I opened up the transmission and the output gears forward and reverse part number 5395 the smaller gear it was stripped so I was like thatís not normal so I ordered that and put it in and put it all back together and I bought a pack of 3982 Teflon washers because one was missing so I put it back together and tried it and now it is still doing the same thing but it wanted to stick more instead of revving so that wasnít the problem so I ordered the whole slipper clutch and new spur gear is you like at the diagram of the revo transmission I ordered everything from 5351-5352x and now it all sticks and now it looks like maybe the second gear is stuck it doesnít go the revving thing anymore but it only starts off the ground and if I put it down it dies and it will work if I push it off and drive but it will not stop if it does it dies I have a video Iíll figure out how to get it on here if I can does anyone know what this might be everything in the transmission is all clean and in the right place and nothing stripped I was thinking maybe clutch shoes but idk for sure

Does it roll when the tranny is out?
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

I would check your clutch, could be a broken clutch spring.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Enthusiast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeeQ...ature=youtu.be

It rolls when tranny is out and rolls with it in to
    Last edited by Double G; 07-30-2018 at 06:32 PM. Reason: merge

Your clutch is engaged. The spring is broken.
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

RC Enthusiast
    Took it apart the spring was cut in half don’t know how that happened but got a new one in and it works great thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Ok my engine is doing something weird now ever since I’ve owned it it’s done this but it doesn’t seem right and my piston just blew here’s a video of what it was doing seconds before it blew. I’m getting a 3.3 next but why does the engine not catch up with he speed? I’ll be full stop and engine is still going like I’m doing 30mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTjT...ature=youtu.be

Maybe the slipper is not tight enough. However, looking at the video I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. There was little to no smoke so it may have been lean.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    When I put in the new 3.3 engine Can I use the old transmission I just rebuilt? And same Clutch shoes, bell and flywheel?

Yes .
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Which one do I need ips or multishaft and what is the difference?

IPS.

Multishaft allows the engine to be used with non-Traxxas applications that may have a completely different flywheel/clutch set up.
    Last edited by Double G; 10-05-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    So I got it and got trans problems again when going in reverse it stutters to grab and also canít get it to shift now I canít even get it to stay feels like itís slipping what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsdG...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Xo1Racer; 11-21-2018 at 04:15 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Fixed the tuning and doesn’t bog seems perfect but still not shifting to 2nd

Update adjusted 2nd gear screw it changes nothing
    Last edited by Xo1Racer; 11-21-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Go back to factory setting of roughly 6.5 turns from all the way in on the shift screw. Don't go too fast turning it all the way in so that you don't damage the spring.
    Second gear hits when the shafts are spinning fast enough. It could be that your slipper is loose causing too much power to be lost to the shafts.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Also check your clutch shoes. They may be worn out. Youíll have to remove the clutch bell to get to them.