RC Qualifier

Tires for my Bandit?

Hey, I need new tires for my Bandit. I have tried Proline Dirt Hawgs, and Traxxas Anacondas and both of those wore out completely in 2 weeks. Wondering if anyone could recommend decent tires for on-road that will last a lot longer.

RC Racer
    Proline Dirt Hawgs are made for dirt, not on road that's why they wore out fast, I have heard good things about duratrax banditos

RC Racer
    Get 17mm hex adapters and run the xo1 tire

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

JConcepts GLocs are great tires that don't wear nearly as fast as Anacondas.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    BrickitSAM I have heard about Banditos. They sound pretty good. Are there 2.2 Banditos?

bent hinge pin, I really want to keep this a Bandit. Not really interested in putting massive hexes and tires. I already have a Rustler for that.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_N3RD View Post
    BrickitSAM I have heard about Banditos. They sound pretty good. Are there 2.2 Banditos?

bent hinge pin, I really want to keep this a Bandit. Not really interested in putting massive hexes and tires. I already have a Rustler for that.
    The kumo tire that comes stock on the slash xl5 was a long wearing semi roadable tire

RC Racer

12e

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, not really into using slash tires. I really want to keep it a true Bandit with true 2.2" wheels and tires. I also want to avoid hexes, because they strip out unless you go aluminum which just costs more. The built in hexes are great for durability!

RC Racer
    Yeah, not really into using slash tires. I really want to keep it a true Bandit with true 2.2" wheels and tires. I also want to avoid hexes, because they strip out unless you go aluminum which just costs more. The built in hexes are great for durability!
    2.2's
    https://www.amazon.com/Duratrax-DTXC...ax+bandito+2.2
    https://www.amazon.com/Duratrax-C510...ax+bandito+2.2
    I have run plastic hexes on my bandit for a few months now with brushless, they will not strip if you keep the wheel nuts tightened down all the way, it's only if you let them back off you have problems.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, the problems definitely begin with loose wheels. Still though, even if a wheels comes loose on the Bandit, the hexes wont strip since it doesn't have any.

the hexes wont strip since it doesn't have any.
    No hexes? Please explain.

True Bandit wheels are pin-drive. Like the crosspin that the hexes slip over/snap onto.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    The problem with the hexes is that if the wheels come loose. They can strip. What happens is sometimes the wheel nuts will come loose, and if that happens the wheels will move away from the hexes, and they will slip, which causes both the hex and the wheel to round out. If it rounds out too much, the expensive wheels and tires can be rendered completely useless.

You can combat the problem a little bit by upgrading to aluminum hexes, or in my Rustler's case, the steel ones that came with my MIP X-duties. You could also threadlock the wheel nut, but that would get annoying if you had to do it often. I find that just not having wheel hexes seems to just increase the lifespan of the wheels drastically.

RC poster
    I have a Traxxas Bandit, and I was looking at this and I think I'm going to buy Duratrax Banditos, but I am confused because the links all say that the tires & wheels are for the front. Is that still going to work?

Where can I find aluminum hex adapters for my Bandit because having aluminum hexes would be nice to avoid stripping and it would let me use my old rc cars wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Wow, 20 days ago. Sorry for late response. The front offset wheels will work fine, that's what I'm using. For hex adapters get some strc aluminum adapters for the Rustler and Stampede. Rear ones should fit straight on the rear Bandit axle and work fine.

RC Enthusiast
    I bought some used proline primes. They don't get the best grip on road, but they seem to last a long time. I mostly use them for drifting in the garage. I also need some durable tires ,so I was looking at the 2.2 banditos...

RC Qualifier
    How long have you had the primes?

RC Enthusiast
    About a month and a half, but still going.

RC Qualifier
    Wait, I found them! This could be the one remaining tire to save my Bandit... which would be same setup as Rustler but 2.2". Eh, kinda defeats the purpose of keeping Rustler and Bandit two different vehicles but I might try it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-Trencher-T-2-2-All-Terrain-Truck-Tires-2-10121-00/292141316652?hash=item4404faba2c:g:tYUAAOSwa3BbZE4 G:rk:27f:0