RC poster

Defender to bronco

I've done searching but it's confusing and haven't found a real answer. According to Traxxas all I will need is the 8058 kit with new links, battery tray, and wheels wells to convert my defender to a bronco and of course the body. But that's all I need correct?

RC poster
    I actually just did this swap and figured out that there is a couple options either buy all the parts u need individually or just buy the long arm lift kit and bronco fenders so u get everything u need plus the hight to run 2.2 tires. My suggestion would be to buy the long arm lift kit and fenders. It's not much cheaper to get all the parts individually anyway plus then u are stuck with stock clearance specs. But if u prefer to go the other option all the parts needed can be found by using Google to search for the part #s of the following parts: bronco fenders, rear upper and lower links (109mm), medium length half drive shaft for rear, and the bronco body (clear if u want to paint the body and buy all the trim pieces separate or spend the 160 on the bronco body kit that's pre-painted black). Hope this helps. BTW this is mine after the lift and a few other parts

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Oh and u do not need to buy a new battery tray because the fenders come with the optional smaller battery relocation that goes in the front end.

RC poster
    Didn't know they offered a quick conversion kit now yes that is all u need if ur on a tight budget sorry but personally I recommend the long arm kit and fender kit. The extra clearance is pretty nice to have.

RC poster
    Awesome thanks. I was thinking the long arm kit would work plus the fenders. Your bronco looks sweet on the 2.2s. I was so excited about the trx4 coming out I got it the day they released then the bronco body came out which is alot better than the defender in my opinion