Thread: Revo Update

RC Champion

Revo Update

It's been a while since my last update so figured it's time. My revo has been through several engine changes and is currently sporting a Picco Boost 5TR .28 engine I picked up a year or so ago. I was running a cheapy chinese .28 but as expected they don't last long. For a $100 though... it's not a bad deal. At any rate - the Picco Boost is pretty ridiculous in power output. I used to have an LRP .30x and the Picco makes that motor seem slow.

Not long after the Picco swap I started running into a fuel delivery issue. The motor was being starved for fuel at full throttle. I discovered the ofna tank I installed a few years ago in combination with the Tekno race kit developed a small crack right under the filler neck so it wasn't holding pressure. So - it was time to replace the tank and what better choice than taking advantage of recent fuel tank technology and install a tank originally designed for a Tekno nitro truggy. The tank uses a clunk (flexible tube with weighted pick up: ie the clunk) inside so that the fuel pickup follows the fuel around the tank and keeps it submerged. The connection point for the feed line to the carb is also positioned lower so there's less effect to the overall tune as the tank empties. I installed this same tank in my Savage and it worked great there so it made sense to go with this tank in my Revo. The swap was successfully and the fuel starvation problem was solved, so that's good news. The transmission was upgraded with robinson racing steel gears to hold up to the motor. Knock on wood the stock diffs hold up fine.

Here's some pics:

Picco Boost 5TR .28 installed with traxxas BB mount

Top View:

View of Tekno Truggy tank:

Boost engine with rotostart back plate. Those upper arms are New Era arms that have the bend that clears the back plate.

Another tank view
    I have an RC problem...

RC Racer
    I am using the same OFNA tank set up you used previously with the tekno race kit. Is the new truggy clunk tank an easy swap? Were any mods required? I have been having some tuning issues with the OFNA tank and would like to make a change. What is the capacity of the new tank?
    Thanks!
    Justin

RC Champion
    The new tank is 150cc. I only had to redrill one of the holes in the battery housing to mount it. Other than that - it was a direct swap. It was maybe $14 with shipping on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekno-RC-NT...53.m2749.l2649
    I have an RC problem...