RC Racer

Looking for Tips on how to get more distance from my tq tx and rx

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated i am looking to do speed runs on a budget. I have got 71.76 out of my originally xl5 powered bandit am looking to break 100mph But seems i need to get more distance from where i stand to where the rx goes out of range is there any tips or trick out there to increase distance out of my top qualified basic radio and receiver. Was thinking i can i open up the. Rx and add a super tall rx wire to it or maybe add one to the tx. I am not afraid to open it up and desoilder the board on either of the two. Again thanks in advance

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

My understanding of 2.4gh radios and receivers, the antenna length doesn't okay to much of a part on range, it's the stripped end that has a measurement. How old is the Rx/tx? Tactic has a 50 dollar radio that I have yet to find the end of it's range.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Competitor
    FYI - assuming the tqi is 2.4ghz - you can NOT change the length of the Rx to gain range... The length of the wire is specific to the wavelength of the carrier frequency... 2.4ghz is a very small (short) wavelength, that's why you don't see long wire lines anymore, like we did in very low frequency (27mhz) radio sets...

If you're not getting decent range, it could be due to on or near CW interference from wifi or other electromagnetic interference in the area your operating - or - you could just have a bad radio / receiver set...

My tqi for my ERBE gets pretty good range - in my suburban neighborhood on long Island... I can control is out to 300-500 or so feet without issue...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kz121 View Post
    FYI - assuming the tqi is 2.4ghz - you can NOT change the length of the Rx to gain range... The length of the wire is specific to the wavelength of the carrier frequency... 2.4ghz is a very small (short) wavelength, that's why you don't see long wire lines anymore, like we did in very low frequency (27mhz) radio sets...

If you're not getting decent range, it could be due to on or near CW interference from wifi or other electromagnetic interference in the area your operating - or - you could just have a bad radio / receiver set...

My tqi for my ERBE gets pretty good range - in my suburban neighborhood on long Island... I can control is out to 300-500 or so feet without issue...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thabks for the info ill just have to gear down and try to get. It in the space i have thwn

If you are running the stock TQ 2.4GHz you can increase range significantly by upgrading to the TQi system. In the US you can use the Power Up program. https://traxxas.com/powerup
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken View Post
    If you are running the stock TQ 2.4GHz you can increase range significantly by upgrading to the TQi system. In the US you can use the Power Up program. https://traxxas.com/powerup
    Thanks. But my budget of $0 wont allow it aka my wife but the range isnt too terrible

Quote Originally Posted by bent_hinge_pin View Post
    Thanks. But my budget of $0 wont allow it aka my wife but the range isnt too terrible

Pic a spot that's half way between either end of your run, that way you double the length of reach.

Stand on your roof