Smile Stampede With Jato Arms and Links

I am thinking of widening my Stampede with some Jato parts. Does anyone know if Jato arms and links would be a direct fit? And what should I do for driveshafts?

I'm not sure about the details of the jato method, however, I did widen several P2des with rpm wide fromt a-arms as well as using four front wheels all around. You already may know this stuff. You need to figure out the front links (steering and camber.) I think this method has been posted on the forum...a search will be your friend. Good luck!!
    MTFBWY

Thanks dude. How much wider than stock are the rpm arms? Also, because they are wider, wouldn't you still need links from somewhere else?

If you do a search on the forums as Syn recommended, or even a google search, there should be a few posts/youtube videos with the appropriate traxxas or aftermarket links to use. I know I've seen quite a few of them, but don't have the links available offhand. But they weren't hard to find. Good luck with the upgrading!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpider25 View Post
    I am thinking of widening my Stampede with some Jato parts. Does anyone know if Jato arms and links would be a direct fit? And what should I do for driveshafts?
    The jato stuff is not a direct fit. Slight modifications are needed to the bulkhead and the arm mounts on the trans case the camber and steeering links may have to go custom. when i did the wide arm front conversion with rustler rear arms on a slash 2wd had to change the camber links along with my slash mips they where 1/2" or so too short and i think with stampede turn buckles they may work with rpm long link ends i believe the steering links need changed as well and using rpm link ends it was a lot of trips to my lhs and a lot of test fitting in the end i was 50/50 on how i felt about the conversion it made rhe handling odd it was more stable in a straight line but would spin around very easily when under power in a corner

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bent_hinge_pin View Post
    The jato stuff is not a direct fit. Slight modifications are needed to the bulkhead and the arm mounts on the trans case the camber and steeering links may have to go custom. when i did the wide arm front conversion with rustler rear arms on a slash 2wd had to change the camber links along with my slash mips they where 1/2" or so too short and i think with stampede turn buckles they may work with rpm long link ends i believe the steering links need changed as well and using rpm link ends it was a lot of trips to my lhs and a lot of test fitting in the end i was 50/50 on how i felt about the conversion it made rhe handling odd it was more stable in a straight line but would spin around very easily when under power in a corner

Darn! I will have to see if my lhs takes returns because I have already bought Jato front arms and turnbuckles.

RC Racer
    Darn! I will have to see if my lhs takes returns because I have already bought Jato front arms and turnbuckles.
    Not sure on the turn buckles. You jist remove some material from the bulkhead and trans case i believe the jato stuff is longer then the wide rustler stuff flip your pede over and line the front of the jato arms up with the front of the pede arms and scrible where the rear of the jato arm li es up on the bulkhead/trans case its a
    A very ez mod

Wouldn't the driveshafts be too short? I know there is definitely no rpm long driveshafts.

RC Racer
    Plenty of lenght with stock plastic drive shafts. The mips where like 2mm short of working and the mipsbdef shorter then the slash driveshafts like mip had done it so you couldnt swap between a rustler and a slash

If I widen just the front, would it mess with the offset cuz then it would so wide in the front. Jato front arms are the same length as stock rears. To make it right again, wouldn't I have to use rear thin hex hubs and rear tires and wheels or vice versa.

Anybody got an answer to my last question?

RC Competitor
    Try it and measure. Worst case scenario is you would have to find hexes that even the front and rear offsets.

My setup is RPM offset front arms + TRX turnbuckles with 4x4 Stampede "Maxx" wheels and tires. I love the look and the offset RPM arms are beefy and are a direct fit.
    Too many Traxxas R/C's to put in here...

Alright, I will give the rpm wide arms some thought, they seem to be the most popular choice for widening the stance on a stampede. Thanks for the advice.

you could also go with some 12 to 17mm hex adapters and get a bit more extension it you like. It is a bit harder on the components. I've used some HR 10mm extensions and they have been pretty good. Of course then you would need some wheels/tires that use the 17mm. In the end, I like to stick with the 12 mm plastic hexes.
    MTFBWY

Also, 17mm means I would have to run 3.8 tires most likely instead of 2.8. And they are expensive.

Even if u go 17mm, u can still run 2.8s. Ive got a set of proline f11 wheels n trencher tires that are 2.8s. Trenchers are awesome! I was just out runnin a lil bit ago. They have alot of grip n wear good too

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

I think that 17mm hex adapters are something to think about. If I get traxxas adapters, the offset would be correct. Are there f11 wheels that have the offset because I have the 2wd stampede?

My f11s are offset closer to the back of the wheels. But bein as theyre 2.8s, they would work just fine on the 2wd as well. Theyd make it a more stable i think

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Will it make it wider than stock?

RC Racer
    Will it make it wider than stock?
    Yes. It will

RC Racer
    Right from the rpm web site

Description

Are you looking to add some serious stability to your electric Rustler or Stampede 2wd? Look no further!*RPMhas a new set of wide front A-arms that will push your front wheels out there almost 1-1/4” (31.8mm) of total width for some serious stability-adding performance. Our Wide Front A-arms extend the front width by exactly the difference in offset between the front and rear wheels. All you need to do is get a second set of “front” wheels and bolt them to the rear to align the front and rear tires and you’re good to go! No expensive prefabricated widening kits or time-consuming conversions. It’s as easy as replacing your stock A-arms with*RPM*wide A-arms, swap the turnbuckles and camber links for longer versions (not included see “Tech Notes” below) and bolt on a new set of rear wheels! It couldn’t be easier.

You already know*RPM*A-arms are the toughest molded a-arms in the R/C industry (gram for gram, stronger than aluminum as well)! Each*RPM*A-arm is molded from our trademark blend of nearly indestructible nylons and backed by our world-renowned limited lifetime warranty against breakage.*RPM*durability combined with*RPM*affordability; there’s no way you can go wrong!

Tech Notes:*RPM*wide A-arms for the Traxxas Rustler & Stampede 2wd fit all electric versions of these models, although additional parts (not included) are required for completion as listed here:

Rustler XL-5:*1 –*RPM*Screw Kit*#70680, 1 – Traxxas #3643 (long camber links), 1 – Traxxas #3645 (long toe links) & 1 pair of front wheels (used to replace rear wheels).

Stampede XL-5, Craniac & Skully:*1 –*RPM*Screw Kit*#70680, 1 – Traxxas #3643 (long camber links), 1 – Traxxas #2338 (long toe links) & 1 pair of front wheels (used to replace rear wheels).

Rustler VXL:*1 – Traxxas #3643 (long camber links), 1 – Traxxas #3645 (long toe links) & 1 pair of front wheels (used to replace rear wheels).

Stampede VXL:*1 – Traxxas #2338 (long toe links) & 1 pair of front wheels (used to replace rear wheels).

Thanks! I'll take a look.

Since at some point, I will be getting new wheels and tires, I might as well go and do this too.