Well, picked up a trx4 sport

Hello fellow addicts! I'm officially introducing myself in to the trx4 side of the forum. A few weeks back I picked up an axial blazer cause, you know, it's amazing looking. That and I grew up in one from the times of toddler hood all the way up untill I bought it from my dad in my twenties. So I've gone out a couple few times, taken my boy with me and he liked crawling and trail running. So, not wanting to share my crawler I started to look for used ones so he could beat on it and I wouldn't wince Everytime it rolled down a hill. Long story short (well kinda) at my LHS, mentioned my need of a used crawler, walked out with the shops demo trx4 sport! It had upgraded wheels and tires already, everything else is stock. I have to say, it actually crawls very well. So the question, to all you trx4 fans, what is my must have strengthening modifications so a 10yo boy, who has been bashing slashes, revos, rustlers and mt410s since he was 4yo, won't completely explode this thing right out of the gate. Not looking for performance so much as strength, the darn thing keeps up with my axial already, I can't have him out crawling me, I'd never hear the end of it! Well, thank you for your time, and opinions, we're looking forward to getting into this crawler thing. (At least we're not breaking parts Everytime we go out crawling, ha)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

I guess I'll throw in some pictures...

nice, you got some dirt on that TRX-4 sport
    Slash, Stampede,Craniac,X2 TRX4 ,ford gt 4 tec 2.0

RC Racer
    Congrats!!

First things to go will likely be servo horn, servo, and then esc when you put a better non-traxxas servo in there. You can get a HW 1080 and a savox 1231 servo with the traxxas metal horn (trx4 is 22mm eye to eye instead of 20) for around $110. Otherwise just bleed the shocks if they are sticky and that bad boy should be good to go for a minute.

Shucks, I was hoping the 2075x servos hadn't fallen victim to Traxxas servo woes. I've got one or two older 2075s laying around still so I might blow through those before purchasing a new servo. The truck seems pretty legit!

RC Qualifier
    Hey welcome to the dark side. You'll love the trx4, over all very durable.

It seems the servo is a hit and miss thing, imo. Mine was just fine and working but upgraded to a savox for more power. I keep the stock traxxas one as a back up. One of the guys at my lhs still has this stock one in his and he got them when they first came out.

By the way love the Blazer too. Reminds me of my high-school days riding around in my friends Blazer and riding around with the top off. Lots of great times then.

The whole reason I finally took the plunge into crawlers was that blazer! My dad owned a 72 k5 (hugger orange, great color) since I was an infant, I ended up buying it from him in my 20s. Love that truck! So my boy started to come with us crawling and likes it, low and behold I bought the shops trx4 sport. Now, I have a very important question. How do I find a light kit for this thing!? I'm in the process of searching, was hoping to cheat and pick your brains. We went out to a renagade rock crawlers meet up last night (the Blazer did awesome, as well as the sport) and we realized the kid needs some lights! Any and all is welcome. I found regular trx4 lights, are these the same?