Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 62
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    29

    List of quality parts to upgrade new erevo 2.0!?

    As the title states is there a list of parts or does anyone know what parts would be a great purchase to upgrade the new e-Revo to help with stand bashing/jumping?

    I do understand there will always be broken parts when bashing but I was curious if there is anyway to add or purchase parts to reduce breaking parts so often? Maybe like guards for the front and rear ends?

    I have came across a lot of parts but I have no idea if they are a quality brand/product. So I figured Id ask the veterans here for some assistance. Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaikaze View Post
    As the title states is there a list of parts or does anyone know what parts would be a great purchase to upgrade the new e-Revo to help with stand bashing/jumping?

    I do understand there will always be broken parts when bashing but I was curious if there is anyway to add or purchase parts to reduce breaking parts so often? Maybe like guards for the front and rear ends?

    I have came across a lot of parts but I have no idea if they are a quality brand/product. So I figured Id ask the veterans here for some assistance. Thank you in advance.
    While not quite a veteran, I'm a new owner of a Revo 2.0. So far, the only upgrades I have made are new tires (trencher X's) and the aluminum rear chassis brace. I added Hot Racing 85mm suspension limiting straps to try and prevent the shock ends from being ripped out when jumping. Would be interested to follow this thread and see what others recommend.

  3. #3
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    20
    So far I have the RPM Bumpers, rear brace and just ordered some stainless skid plates. https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Traxxas...72.m2749.l2649

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by SKiZZ View Post
    So far I have the RPM Bumpers, rear brace and just ordered some stainless skid plates. https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Traxxas...72.m2749.l2649
    Would you be able to link which rpm bumpers you purchased? Please

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by MiStro View Post
    While not quite a veteran, I'm a new owner of a Revo 2.0. So far, the only upgrades I have made are new tires (trencher X's) and the aluminum rear chassis brace. I added Hot Racing 85mm suspension limiting straps to try and prevent the shock ends from being ripped out when jumping. Would be interested to follow this thread and see what others recommend.
    I have done the exact same thing as you except the tires. Do you like the trenches better than the stock talons?
    X-Maxx 8s / Slash 4x4 / Rustler 4x4 VXL

  6. #6
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by MiStro View Post
    While not quite a veteran, I'm a new owner of a Revo 2.0. So far, the only upgrades I have made are new tires (trencher X's) and the aluminum rear chassis brace. I added Hot Racing 85mm suspension limiting straps to try and prevent the shock ends from being ripped out when jumping. Would be interested to follow this thread and see what others recommend.

    May see a picture of your car with the straps on? Please.

  7. #7
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaikaze View Post
    Would you be able to link which rpm bumpers you purchased? Please
    Front
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/bu...-bumper-mount/

    Rear
    http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/bu...-bumper-mount/

  8. #8
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaikaze View Post
    May see a picture of your car with the straps on? Please.
    I wouldn't mind seeing this as well.

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomper View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing this as well.
    I will add a picture tomorrow when I get the chance. along with the 85mm straps, i needed to buy these from home depot to complete the install.

    spacers: #6 x 1/4" x 3/16"
    screw - M3-.5x25mm machine screw metric pan head phillips (stainless)

  10. #10
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroStarGT View Post
    I have done the exact same thing as you except the tires. Do you like the trenches better than the stock talons?
    My stock talons shredded on my first run when doing a self-righting to test it. So yes, the trenchers are much better

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    60
    As promised:

    Last edited by MiStro; 08-14-2018 at 04:44 PM.

  12. #12
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by MiStro View Post
    As promised:

    Awesome thank you very much.

  13. #13
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaikaze View Post
    Awesome thank you very much.
    You are very welcome. i first saw the idea from Outsourced RC on youtube, but he used longer straps and made a spacer. the 85mm straps have been perfect without any spacer in the chassis brace.

  14. #14
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by MiStro View Post
    You are very welcome. i first saw the idea from Outsourced RC on youtube, but he used longer straps and made a spacer. the 85mm straps have been perfect without any spacer in the chassis brace.
    Would you recommend these straps in the front as well?

  15. #15
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaikaze View Post
    Would you recommend these straps in the front as well?
    I haven't even considered it since the brace is completely different in the front. I also haven't heard of many people ripping out shock ends in the front either.

  16. #16
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    29

    List of quality parts to upgrade new erevo 2.0!?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiStro View Post
    I haven't even considered it since the brace is completely different in the front. I also haven't heard of many people ripping out shock ends in the front either.
    Hmmm may do it just to play it safe lol.

  17. #17
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    24
    Thanks for the pic

  18. #18
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by MiStro View Post
    You are very welcome. i first saw the idea from Outsourced RC on youtube, but he used longer straps and made a spacer. the 85mm straps have been perfect without any spacer in the chassis brace.
    Do you have a parts list other than the straps?

  19. #19
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by SKiZZ View Post
    Do you have a parts list other than the straps?
    You need the aluminum rear chassis brace from Traxxas to start. In an earlier post I mentioned the spacers and screws that are needed to complete the installation of the straps (I believe post 9). I just bought these from Home Depot.

  20. #20
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by MiStro View Post
    You need the aluminum rear chassis brace from Traxxas to start. In an earlier post I mentioned the spacers and screws that are needed to complete the installation of the straps (I believe post 9). I just bought these from Home Depot.
    Got that, thanks. I just wasn't sure if there was anything else.

  21. #21
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by SKiZZ View Post
    Got that, thanks. I just wasn't sure if there was anything else.
    Nope, nothing else. it was really simple to install. the screws are longer than those that come stock, to account for the size of the spacer and straps.

  22. #22
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    20
    I found a video on the installation of it, he uses the next longer ones, but I think the size you used will be better MiStro.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJOgcxF_D4w

  23. #23
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by SKiZZ View Post
    I found a video on the installation of it, he uses the next longer ones, but I think the size you used will be better MiStro.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJOgcxF_D4w
    Yeah, this was the video i used for inspiration. he used 100mm straps, they also have 90, but I went with 85 to keep it shorter

  24. #24
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    20
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5463T These look like a nice upgrade too.

  25. #25
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    20
    One thing I noticed too is going through the exploded parts diagram you can see all the Traxxas optional upgradeable components from them.

  26. #26
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6
    Here is a list of all the upgraded parts I’ve installed and recommend:
    1. RPM True Track Rear A Arms
    2. RPM Front A Arms
    3. Traxxas Rear Chassis Brace
    4. Hot Racing 85mm Suspension Straps (like in the posts above)
    5. Traxxas Wheelie Bar
    6. Castle Motor Shroud
    7. Traxxas Bluetooth Module
    8. Traxxas Red Aluminum Push Rods
    9. Traxxas Rear Springs (Blue) & Front Springs (Silver)
    10. Traxxas 54T, 42T Metal Spur Gear
    11. Traxxas 20T Pinion Gear
    12. Savox SW1210-SG(replaces the stock dual servos) will also need an 3”-4” extender to reach receiver
    13. Traxxas Heavy Duty Servo Saver
    14. Traxxas Black Chrome Front and Rear Bumpers
    15. Metal Skid Plates (bought on eBay, unbranded)
    16. LED Lights for the Front and Rear
    17. Traxxas Red Aluminum Toe Links

  27. #27
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyVSJam View Post
    Here is a list of all the upgraded parts Ive installed and recommend:
    1. RPM True Track Rear A Arms
    2. RPM Front A Arms
    3. Traxxas Rear Chassis Brace
    4. Hot Racing 85mm Suspension Straps (like in the posts above)
    5. Traxxas Wheelie Bar
    6. Castle Motor Shroud
    7. Traxxas Bluetooth Module
    8. Traxxas Red Aluminum Push Rods
    9. Traxxas Rear Springs (Blue) & Front Springs (Silver)
    10. Traxxas 54T, 42T Metal Spur Gear
    11. Traxxas 20T Pinion Gear
    12. Savox SW1210-SG(replaces the stock dual servos) will also need an 3-4 extender to reach receiver
    13. Traxxas Heavy Duty Servo Saver
    14. Traxxas Black Chrome Front and Rear Bumpers
    15. Metal Skid Plates (bought on eBay, unbranded)
    16. LED Lights for the Front and Rear
    17. Traxxas Red Aluminum Toe Links

    Thank you very much for this amazing response. How did you get the rpm true track rear arms installed? On the site it says it wont work with the 2.0. Is there a video or a guide to show how they are installed?

  28. #28
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    With the rpm tru track you will lose wheel base unless rpm has updated them

    Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

  29. #29
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5
    Has anyone installed the rear chassis brace over the existing brace?

  30. #30
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5
    Looks like no one has. Seems to fit. Does the AL chassis brace provided that much more strength than the stock plastic? The stock plastic seems wide and rigid.

  31. #31
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeedbb View Post
    Looks like no one has. Seems to fit. Does the AL chassis brace provided that much more strength than the stock plastic? The stock plastic seems wide and rigid.
    I tried but the drive shaft will not fit. Sucks

  32. #32
    RC Champion nickruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,165
    Have you had the stock one off? When I took it off and held it in my hand, it was pretty clear that the aluminum one would be far superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeedbb View Post
    Looks like no one has. Seems to fit. Does the AL chassis brace provided that much more strength than the stock plastic? The stock plastic seems wide and rigid.
    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    RC Champion FnFancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Los Al California
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeedbb View Post
    Looks like no one has. Seems to fit. Does the AL chassis brace provided that much more strength than the stock plastic? The stock plastic seems wide and rigid.
    I broke my stock rear chassis brace, put on aluminum one and never looked back. Also, no more shock ends pulled out!

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

  34. #34
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I broke my stock rear chassis brace, put on aluminum one and never looked back. Also, no more shock ends pulled out!

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Which aluminum arms did you buy? May I get link or model#? Please

  35. #35
    RC Champion FnFancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Los Al California
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaikaze View Post
    Which aluminum arms did you buy? May I get link or model#? Please
    Are we talking arms or chassis brace? I would never recommend aluminum arms! The aluminum rear chassis brace I'll sing its praises all day any day.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

  36. #36
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    Never never use aluminum a arms.. added weight and they are considerably weaker than the 2.0 a arms.

    Companies making aluminum arms are just doing it to take your money

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Never never use aluminum a arms.. added weight and they are considerably weaker than the 2.0 a arms.

    Companies making aluminum arms are just doing it to take your money

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    Good to know. Are there any rear arms you guys would recommend? That I can buy now?

  38. #38
    RC Champion FnFancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Los Al California
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaikaze View Post
    Good to know. Are there any rear arms you guys would recommend? That I can buy now?
    Yup, stock traxxas 2.0 arms
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

  39. #39
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Yup, stock traxxas 2.0 arms
    Awesome that is all I wanted to hear. Thank you.

  40. #40
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1
    Does any one know of some better axles and or inner drive cup options? These dogbones are killing me!!! Ive already had to replace the rears 3 times!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •