Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 62 of 62
  1. #41
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Have you had the stock one off? When I took it off and held it in my hand, it was pretty clear that the aluminum one would be far superior.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Thanks - Can see the difference.

  2. #42
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    20
    https://tboneracing.net/collections/2-0-e-revo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #43
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thebignasty View Post
    Does any one know of some better axles and or inner drive cup options? These dogbones are killing me!!! Ive already had to replace the rears 3 times!!!

    https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ERVT288RC;c=1294

    https://www.gpmracing.com.hk/en/prod...SHLESS-86086-4

  4. #44
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    20
    Upgrade 2075 servos to metal gears.

    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/2072X

  5. #45
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1

    True track rear a arms

    Quote Originally Posted by JellyVSJam View Post
    Here is a list of all the upgraded parts Ive installed and recommend:
    1. RPM True Track Rear A Arms
    2. RPM Front A Arms
    3. Traxxas Rear Chassis Brace
    4. Hot Racing 85mm Suspension Straps (like in the posts above)
    5. Traxxas Wheelie Bar
    6. Castle Motor Shroud
    7. Traxxas Bluetooth Module
    8. Traxxas Red Aluminum Push Rods
    9. Traxxas Rear Springs (Blue) & Front Springs (Silver)
    10. Traxxas 54T, 42T Metal Spur Gear
    11. Traxxas 20T Pinion Gear
    12. Savox SW1210-SG(replaces the stock dual servos) will also need an 3-4 extender to reach receiver
    13. Traxxas Heavy Duty Servo Saver
    14. Traxxas Black Chrome Front and Rear Bumpers
    15. Metal Skid Plates (bought on eBay, unbranded)
    16. LED Lights for the Front and Rear
    17. Traxxas Red Aluminum Toe Links
    How did you get the true track rear a arms. I have them and the bearings will not fit in the stock drive shafts. I'm sorry for the newbie question. I've measured the inner and outer diameters of the stock bearings along with the bearings that came with the kit and they are off. The stock bearings won't fit into the axle carriers. Please help.

  6. #46
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyVSJam View Post
    Here is a list of all the upgraded parts Ive installed and recommend:
    1. RPM True Track Rear A Arms
    2. RPM Front A Arms
    3. Traxxas Rear Chassis Brace
    4. Hot Racing 85mm Suspension Straps (like in the posts above)
    5. Traxxas Wheelie Bar
    6. Castle Motor Shroud
    7. Traxxas Bluetooth Module
    8. Traxxas Red Aluminum Push Rods
    9. Traxxas Rear Springs (Blue) & Front Springs (Silver)
    10. Traxxas 54T, 42T Metal Spur Gear
    11. Traxxas 20T Pinion Gear
    12. Savox SW1210-SG(replaces the stock dual servos) will also need an 3-4 extender to reach receiver
    13. Traxxas Heavy Duty Servo Saver
    14. Traxxas Black Chrome Front and Rear Bumpers
    15. Metal Skid Plates (bought on eBay, unbranded)
    16. LED Lights for the Front and Rear
    17. Traxxas Red Aluminum Toe Links
    Yes, I would also like to know what you did to make the RPM True Track work with the E-Revo 2.0

  7. #47
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    49
    Would you recommend Traxxas steel center shaft or the hot racing one?
    https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ERVT37CC;c=1294

  8. #48
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by MiStro View Post
    You are very welcome. i first saw the idea from Outsourced RC on youtube, but he used longer straps and made a spacer. the 85mm straps have been perfect without any spacer in the chassis brace.
    hi MiStro.. Just wondering if you could tell me what you mean regarding the spacer in the chassis? im about to do this upgrade and need to order the screws and stand off spacers too. Cheers

  9. #49
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    179
    Hello,

    Does anyone make a new list for "must to have upgrades" for Revo 2.0? For now I just replace the servos and add some limited travel straps front and rear and order some steel skid plates.
    I have no issues regarding center driveshafts or spur gear. RPM has now both front and rear arms, maybe I will get them.

    Thanks,
    Radu

  10. #50
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Texas, by God!
    Posts
    29
    The only must-haves for me were the red 2255 servo, chassis brace, and a sway bar set. I also upgraded to the steel spur gear, as my plastic one was starting to show a little wear, and I didn't want to risk it blowing out on me at the skate park.

  11. #51
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    1,036
    What sway bar set did you find that works w the E Revo 2.0?
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

  12. #52
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Texas, by God!
    Posts
    29
    It's a Gen1 sway bar kit, with longer screws, and some washers to keep the plastic part in the rear from bowing.

  13. #53
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    142
    chassis brace, blew a rear link when I dead stopped at a playground, added 80mm straps to the back today and the wireless module cuz default 100% braking is crazy

    I also got shock rebuild kits cuz I heard extra bump stops help and I want heavier oil and springs

  14. #54
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    179
    Can you setup the brake with wireless mode?
    When I try to limit the acceleration, by entering into the training mode, the brakes also changes. eg. If I set 30% acceleration as training mode it has only 30% brakes which is a lot less than I need. Have anyone this problem?

    I've installed 85mm rear straps and 85mm front straps, but need to put 80mm on the front.
    How about shocks aluminium rods? Does they worth?

  15. #55
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    142
    The app let's you adjust TSM, Steering/throttle sensitivity, throttle trim, and steering/braking percentage. The only thing I have done is dial down braking from 100 to 35 percent so far. There is no adjustment/setting for reverse in the app - https://traxxas.com/products/parts/a...inkapplication

  16. #56
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    The app let's you adjust TSM, Steering/throttle sensitivity, throttle trim, and steering/braking percentage. The only thing I have done is dial down braking from 100 to 35 percent so far. There is no adjustment/setting for reverse in the app - https://traxxas.com/products/parts/a...inkapplication
    I should correct this. Reducing braking in the app does affect reverse power/speed which is perfect for me cuz I run all my cars in 70/30 throttle neutral. The braking was so aggressive out of the box even on 50/50 neutral that I was front flipping if I was braking at speed.

  17. #57
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    What are you guys using for failing shock ball ends? Its probably the only thing I'm breaking.

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

  18. #58
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    179
    This is how I limit the travel, on the rear is same as others, but on front is a little different.


  19. #59
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    142
    That is how I did my rear end after breaking a link/rod on the backend. I got an extra set of 80mm straps for the front but haven't mounted them yet as most seem to say you don't really need them up there.

  20. #60
    RC Champion nickruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    What are you guys using for failing shock ball ends? Its probably the only thing I'm breaking.

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    Are you talking about the rod ends or the actual ball in the rod eye? If you are talking about the actual rod end, hot racing makes Alloy ones, I bought them last year, yet to put them on. Or you can run the limiting straps.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-...-/273593224824

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  21. #61
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    179
    Having an alloy rod end might help you without reducing the travel. But is a cheap and safe mod to put limiting straps and also easy.
    I did also in the front for an extra safety measurement and also to have the same maximum ride height as rear.

  22. #62
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by radugns View Post
    Having an alloy rod end might help you without reducing the travel. But is a cheap and safe mod to put limiting straps and also easy.
    I did also in the front for an extra safety measurement and also to have the same maximum ride height as rear.
    Travel limit straps are the way to go, if I beef up the shaft ends I'll just pull the shock caps off the body. In a real offroad racing buggy it will have travel limit to protect suspension from fast extension

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •