Thread: Shoes?

RC poster

Shoes?

I recently pulled my old Revo (orig a 2.5) off the shelf in the garage, blew the dust off & dove into refreshing it. Undecided on keeping or selling it so I知 not a fan of throwing too much $$ at it because that値l just be a pure loss if I do sell. I replaced rotted pillow-ball boots, but not the axle boots as nobody seems to carry them locally. Rebuilt diffs, shocks, cleaned up the 3.3 engine. The badlands tires I had were rotted as well. Had them mounted to some HPIRacing dish wheels. I believe this was old 40 series & they seem to measure a bit smaller that 3.8. I知 sure I could de-glue what痴 left of these tires, but I want to make sure I get the right tires. I see 典raxxas Beads & they seem to be flat sidewall. These have a squat. I have my doubts they値l fit properly. Looked @ Truggy tires & they aren稚 any cheaper than a new set of badlands, but are much more purpose-built. This値l be a desert-bashed if I keep it. Nothing locally, that I know of, to run it at. So pins don稚 seem like a great option. If I recall these were a bit smaller than stock trx tires too. I dunno, this since early 08 & my memory isn稚 getting any better lol.

Anyways, suggestions or recommendations on what to get @ a reasonable price? Should I just bite it & get tire/wheel combo and toss the dish? Seems like they池e obsolete....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RC Champion
    that sucks - those tires have almost no wear, yet they are rotted out

I usually run a set of badlands (premounts) for bashing and truggy wheels/tires for the track. They are smaller and lighter so it's possible to gear up a tooth and get your speed back. The lighter weight of the truggy wheels and tires makes it a little more snappy too.
    I have an RC problem...

RC poster
    Ya, that happens when you let something sit for a 10+ Years . I was hoping my XMaxx wheels would fit, pulled them off for the first time & saw they’ve got a massive hex behind them. May have to get a set of wheels. I’d like to run a few tanks thru this. I could always part things out if I have to... new receiver battery arrived today. Gonna toss the receiver I pulled out of the XMaxx in here & use the stock radio for now. Make sure that old Airtronica 358 servo functions well, and the Hitec throttle servo. Those were top grade in their hay-day lol. things have changed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

*Watch the language!*
    Last edited by Double G; 08-09-2018 at 07:11 AM.

RC Competitor
    If you're running on grass and dirt, I say glue the rotted sidewalls up pretty well and go through a few tanks. Worst case is that they tear apart and make your job easier, best case is they last a few tanks.

When I got my Revo, it had two tires rotted apart like this, but not quite this bad. I still ran on them until I found a set of brand new T-maxx chevrons for a deal. If you don't mind them, you can find pretty good deals on whole sets of 4

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rymesis View Post
    If you're running on grass and dirt, I say glue the rotted sidewalls up pretty well and go through a few tanks.

Ohh good idea. Something to consider. The badlands are beyond repair & I already ripped one tire off to look @ the wheel. Think I知 just gonna drop the $$ on wheels. Found the stock tires but boy are they looking rough. One cracked & split. The other 3 just feel very dry. I was about to pull the tires from my old Savage that was sitting on the shelf there & try them, but they池e super dry & splittin too.

Receiver battery came in. Charged it up with my old RX charger. Kinda surprised that still works too lol. Servos are working. Had to reverse the throttle/steering inputs on the TQI controller, but it痴 all working! So now the only hold up is wheels. Will have to use the d-cell glow plug igniter. The battery in my rechargeable one is dead.

RC poster
    Good LAAAWWWDDDD these suckers are big! Ordered them on Thursday & they arrived today along with some Hyrax rubber I ordered for my rock racer. Wasn稚 expecting them until Monday so that was sweet.

Seriously tho, these are huge. I knew the 渡ew Revo stock wheels went up in size. I really liked the scale of wheel-to-truck with my old Badlands. These look almost comical. Would the Truggy 3.8 tires been any smaller? They weren稚 any cheaper... I noticed the driver-rear wobbles a bit. Hoping it痴 just the foam. Could be a bent shaft. Hopefully not...

Now I need an antenna whip. The TQI receiver antenna is about 10 long. I could probably get away with rolling it up inside the box, but I don稚 want to take chances with interference from motor vibrations.

RC poster
    Here痴 some comparison shots I took before heading out to work.

RC poster
    Haha every time I walk by this thing... love these hubs with the black wheels! Pretty sure they池e Ofna, but I can稚 remember where we had to go for some of these upgrades back then... I know the new trucks come standard with this stuff. Anyways, just thought I壇 take a quick shot to share before I left for work this morning. (Don稚 mind the box in the background, that痴 an early gift I picked up for my Mom.)

Just need an antenna whip before I take it out for its first run in a decade.