Hub/Axle Question

First 8s X breakage, looks like wheel bearings let loose, has this happened to any one else? Or any experience in this area would be helpful as to what I need to fix. Axle is secure in wheel with nut, it and drive shaft pulled out through hub all together. Im assuming all I need is bearings, verification would be greatly appreciated thanks!

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

For now get some bearings to patch it up. RPM makes a bearing carrier that has a beefier bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    6 X-MAXX's total one built from ground up 3 8s!!!

RC Qualifier
    Tra5182A 20x27x4mm bearing
    Check the bearing carrier for damage
    Most common part failure
    fabricator

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyXMAXX View Post
    Tra5182A 20x27x4mm bearing
    Check the bearing carrier for damage
    Most common part failure
    Good to know! Thank you! Had it a yr with speed gearing in, bash n jump, always on 8s, never a problem one til this. This thing is impressively tough!! (Bought it used from a guy who had for a while that never had an issue with it.)

RC Champion
    The traxxas inner bearing is tiny, I did the RPM which has been better, once the RPM bearing fails I'll replace it with a Boca or Acer bearing.

I really hope RPM makes a front axle carrier

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Its really impressive that youve gone that long without that failing on you. You can replace just the bearing with the stock bearings but when mine went out it tore up the carrier. I bought the rpm hubs and its been good.
    I'm the reason why we can't have nice things!

I already ordered a bearing kit for it to do all 4 corners for like 13 bucks! I will look in to... uhggg... hate to say it... dreaded... r..p..m.. lmbo! Just havent been high on my go to list on upgrades and replacement parts. I've always brag on Traxxas' superiority when it comes to arm strength and hub strength over RPM but if you guys say different I guess I'll give them a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teae View Post
    Its really impressive that youve gone that long without that failing on you.
    With 17 rc's, my Xmaxx probably doesnt get ran as much as someone who has a considerably smaller Fleet than mine so that's something to take into consideration and although I am not easy on mine, as far as bashing, I don't jump it off ramps or jump it higher than a couple feet off the curb in front of my house. The most if I find a nice hill somewhere on occasion maybe for 5 ft Max in the air, but yeah that's probably why mine doesn't break as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    The traxxas inner bearing is tiny, I did the RPM which has been better, once the RPM bearing fails I'll replace it with a Boca or Acer bearing.
    Whats the differences in bearings? Traxxas,RPM, Boca, Acer???
    Last edited by Briber; 08-08-2018 at 02:42 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I had the exact same thing happen about 2 weeks ago. I upgraded to RPM since the bearing definitely is larger. The surviving bearing on the opposite side was already not spinning too well either. Here it is compared to the RPM ones.

RC Competitor
    Go with RPM hub Parts for this model, I've upgraded to RPM and they've been great

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just donít get the A arms, they flex too much and youíll lose pins. Thatís why everyone says.

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    First 8s X breakage, looks like wheel bearings let loose, has this happened to any one else? Or any experience in this area would be helpful as to what I need to fix. Axle is secure in wheel with nut, it and drive shaft pulled out through hub all together. Im assuming all I need is bearings, verification would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Ive had it happen to me, looking into the RPM rear hubs and bearings for mine. Bearings are bigger in thickness (not as thin walled as stock, much beefier)
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion

RC Racer
    do the pins get past the little screws? ive been thinking of switching them all to #3931

https://www.ebay.com/p/Traxxas-1-10-...2432709&chn=ps
    I'm the reason why we can't have nice things!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No. Apparently the arms spread enough for the pins to pop out.

RC Racer
    I put small flat washers to widen the pin retention,,,,hasn’t failed me yet. Cost me $0.99