RC poster

Alignment problem?

My teflon liner winds up and out of the flex shaft tube and hits the coupler when I throttle it. I have replaced the motor mount, cable, tube and collet. Still does the same thing. Then i sent it to Traxxas and they replaced everything I did and said they fixed the issue. They did not fix it. I even tried the HR motor mount and still has the problem. Only thing I can think of is the glued grey tray indide the hull that has the hole mounts is defective and when i tighten the screws it gets out of alignment somehow. Seems like both motor mounts I have tried sits to high with the shaft tube and grabs the liner. I had 5 good runs from being new then the problem started. Really bummed out. Not gonna pay another 90 bucks to ship it back to Traxxas and have them replace all the parts I replaced and say they fixed it. Does anybody have any info or ideas what the problem is? Any help would be great. Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by JMC1981; 08-08-2018 at 06:27 PM.

RC Qualifier
    For what it's worth , mine does the same thing and I've yet to see any problems arise from it but that doesn't mean they're won't be either.
    Sorry I wasn't any help but if you figure out why it does that and a fix I'd be interested in knowing.

RC poster
    Yeah I haven't ran it yet with the issue. Gonna try it though. Worst thing that will happen is the Teflon will get shredded up shorter and shorter and the electronics tray will melt from hot spots.

RC Qualifier
    Pictures will explain your issue, try to post one
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.