RC Enthusiast

Traxxas blast upgrades and salt water

Hey guys while is still summer i want to buy traxxas blast to have some fun while going for a ride with my yacht. I need something not so fast and i am gonna put it in sea water.
    I know i have to rince with water after the ride.
    So my other question - does the ESC can handle lipo bats? If not - what are my options?
    Ohh and one more thing - what is the size of battery that could be fit in the boat?
    Last edited by bumblebee; 08-09-2018 at 02:33 PM.

RC poster
    lipo isn't recommended out of the box, the esc doesn't have low voltage protection. The only batteries recommended are 6 cell nimh, the largest one traxxas sells is a 4000 mah. I've heard of people swapping the stock esc for a waterproof xl-5, which does support 2s lipo, you'll want to watch your motor temp though.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok, thank you

RC Qualifier
    In your case if you want to run LIPO in the Blast I'd drop in a water proof 2 Cell Brushless Combo system. I don't recommend running the blast in salt water or any R/C Boat for that matter. Even after I run my M-41 in a Pond in the public park I go to I always wipe down the outside of my Hull completely & I take a air compressor to dry out the inside real good.