RC poster

VXL-8s weird humidity related issue?

Hello Forums!
    After many years of other things to do, started with the RC hobby again. My account needed to be reset by Traxxas (thank you Steve) so all previous postings were lost.

Anyway, decided to started good and picked up preloved XMAXX 8s . Here is the thing, it was one of the first shipped out 8s editions (not upgraded 6s version) , is bonestock and no firmware updates for RX, TX of ESC have been done yet.

In normal condiotions the truck runs perfect, no issues. However, in very humid air (for example just after rain shower with warm outside temperatures) the VXL-8s goes into to thermal shutwown within 10seconds after running. switching ESC off, battery disconnect, try agian, same thing happend over and over again.

Day after in dry conditions it runs fine again, no issues. This already happend about three “Cycles”

Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by Mmirage View Post
    Hello Forums!
    After many years of other things to do, started with the RC hobby again. My account needed to be reset by Traxxas (thank you Steve) so all previous postings were lost.

Anyway, decided to started good and picked up preloved XMAXX 8s . Here is the thing, it was one of the first shipped out 8s editions (not upgraded 6s version) , is bonestock and no firmware updates for RX, TX of ESC have been done yet.

In normal condiotions the truck runs perfect, no issues. However, in very humid air (for example just after rain shower with warm outside temperatures) the VXL-8s goes into to thermal shutwown within 10seconds after running. switching ESC off, battery disconnect, try agian, same thing happend over and over again.

Day after in dry conditions it runs fine again, no issues. This already happend about three “Cycles”

Any ideas??
    Contact traxxas, or get a max6 esc. Did a max6 in mine and will never look back.
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion

RC Competitor
    Get the $38 dollar Bluetooth module for the transmitter and do the updates.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    E Revo 2.0 / Slash VXL 2wd / Rustler VXL 2wd

RC poster
    Yes, i have ordered the bluetooth module to be sure and update all the firmwares but I find it very hard to believe it this is a software issue !