Thread: I'm back!!

Cool I'm back!!

Since it's been a while since my last post here I would appreciate it if you started youtube while you read my post for added effect.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIPS4LyveJs

OK. my most recent Traxxas car was a Rally that I built as a kit. shortly after that i took a break from traxxas and ended up buying some real race cars and some more RC cars! I ended up with some associated 2wd cars and some Tekno 4wd vehicles. and some other misc. cars/ rc motorcycles/ real motorcycles/ rc semis. so far my favorite toy is the 2015 volkswagen golf GTI. A while back i saw the trx4. being that i had a job at the LHS i got a good look at it early on and i wanted one.

fast forward to recently. im getting burnt out on the racing. im ready for a new monster truck and to try some new things. (like rc motorcycles). i havent done any real hard bashing in a couple years and my stampede 4x4 is about at the end of it's career. i sold my old honda civic yesterday. had some cash burning a hole in my pocket and after debating weather i needed another 100hp in my GTI or a new rc more i made the decision that i am going to regret until next payday when i can afford the tune again. (trx 4 was WAAAY cheaper by about $600 before upgrades. i paid $275 used)

i started having fun right away. i barely had it for 2 hours before i put a 300oz servo in, ordered a ford raptor body and aluminum horn, and set it up to work on my graupner controller. my x8e only has 4 channels, im getting a t lock module out of a summit to control the diffs. right now the diffs are running on a y splitter. im already debating on what turn sensored brushless i need to put in it. and i think im going to build a custom bumper for it out of aluminum at work. what other upgrades should i get? or build myself? i have a 3d printer and i'm not afraid to use it!

its great to be back and bashing again! pics to come!
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

Notice my diff servo horn position and battery tray mod. My diffs are either on or off. But always the same for now.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Welcome back!!!

Nice YouTube selection there!!! Is that first pic your course?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Great to see the rc bug bit you again. Welcome back. With a 3d printer maybe you can make some sweet goodies to put on your trucks.

The first pic is at my lhs. The second and third are from my place.

I ended up with a aluminum servo horn. I also fed the servo full 2s power using the jst connector on the esc for more torque. It seems to like it. Its not the only servo I'm running over voltage. My tamiya Blackfoot has servos rated for 4.8v. The 6c nimh is supplying them close to 9v fully charged without problems. And a few other servos too. When I get my new servo rated for 6.6v I won't be too concerned about the extra voltage. I will have monstrous torque though. Its rated for 277oz at 6.6v.

Are there any tires that work better in loose material? Maybe hyrax? The stock tires work on solid material but they are hopeless when I get into loose dirt.

welcome back dude. i have the hyrax on both of my TRX-4 defenders. I honesty dont think they grip any better than the stock wheels. But they look cool.

Last edited by lotust251; 08-16-2018 at 07:06 AM.
    Slash, Stampede,Craniac,X2 TRX4 ,ford gt 4 tec 2.0