Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TD's UDR

RC poster
    I am new to this site. Would like to say that I got lots of good info here and thanks.
    Not new to the hobby. I have had the udr since the beginning,also ate shafts like crazy.
    Cut droop 3/8 in rear with 105mm HR straps, fornt 1/4 all with O-rings under the valves.
    truck is solid now.
    I want to know how the RPM arms are holing up.
    Nice work on the write up
    Last edited by madmaxximus; 11-11-2018 at 11:34 AM.

RC Qualifier
    BPee, manual says 1 million... maybe your looking at something different.

mad, the RPM arms are holding up well but only have 4 packs through them. Also keep in mind i retired this rig from jumping, i am only turning laps now. Always run on sand and its pretty bumpy though.

Limiting the rear travel seems to have helped a lot, maybe its coincidence but driveshaft doesn't seem to get as hot after a pack.

My shocks are still holding up since the last rebuild, but o-rings under the pistons to limit travel is a good idea... ill do it next go around.

RC Enthusiast
    Well, read yourself:

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...-OM-EN-R00.pdf

Page 28, right side, second paragraph.

RC Qualifier
    BPee, the manual i have says 1M weight oil, part # 5042.

The support page links to this version of the manual.

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...-OM-EN-R02.pdf

I am guessing the R00 or R02 is what revision it is.

RC Qualifier
    Ran pack 48 through it last night. The TQI radio is starting to act up a little bit, the throttle gets stuck at like 5% forward occasionally.

The limiter straps in the back seem to be helping the rear driveshaft last longer. Ive noticed no noticeable wear yet at the universal joint.

I usually read some not so nice things about the Traxxas lipos, but the two 4S 6700mah packs ive got are going great. Each has 24 charges and they always balance out and charge evenly. I religiously storage charge them and have never let them at full charge for more than a few hours. I have some other 4S lipos i use in another rig that have less runs through them that take forever to balance out.

For the amount of run time, the body is holding up pretty well but lately its been tearing a bunch at the fenders. Have been stitching it back together with zip ties and using a body reamer to make reliefs at the tears. Due to running on all sand, the decals are sandblasted white

The entire front end and fenders looks like this now .

RC Qualifier
    50 packs through it, i estimate its about 16.5hrs of run time.

The rear is starting to bottom out a lot, time to rebuild the shocks again.

Last edited by Techno Duck; 01-01-2019 at 06:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    56 packs in and broke the 3rd drive shaft. This one only lasted 15 packs. Also broke the 4th front sway bar on number 52.

I'm surprised this driveshaft didn't last longer, but i was driving the truck pretty hard. Every time one of these breaks i swear there is a very faint, but noticeable pop.

MIP finally released a heavy duty driveshaft which i may try; cost is $50 though. At that price it would need to last 40 packs roughly to be cost effective.

I am going to lay up this rig for a few weeks... between the excessively leaking rear shocks again, broken driveshaft and wear i am getting on the drive cups, getting bummed out with it.

What is the MIP warranty, if any? I'd imagine it is a quality piece, like the X Duties and the HDs.

RC Qualifier
    I'm assuming its MIP's standard warranty; 90-day limited, does not cover wear. It will likely be awhile before anyone can comment on how long they will last compared to stock.

RC poster
    I wanted to thank you for all the information you gave in this very useful topic ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12