Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Traxxas Marshal
    You can fix that pretty easily by adding some turn fins, with only a minimal speed loss (increased drag). I have a pair of turn fins that were custom designed for the Villain many years ago by a forum member (over 15yrs ago), and they work great.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    You can fix that pretty easily by adding some turn fins, with only a minimal speed loss (increased drag). I have a pair of turn fins that were custom designed for the Villain many years ago by a forum member (over 15yrs ago), and they work great.
    Speed loss isnt an issue. I can barely get 3/4 throttle right now due to porpoising. I'm still geared down pretty low with 17t pinions. No heat issues with my cooling setup right now either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsy18 View Post
    Speed loss isnt an issue. I can barely get 3/4 throttle right now due to porpoising. I'm still geared down pretty low with 17t pinions. No heat issues with my cooling setup right now either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Have there been any updates with this project?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Have there been any updates with this project?
    Found the water leak. The shafts were leaking not the upper deck. The villian still runs on dual vxl systems. Stupid fast and also about impossible to control. I'm tempted to sell the villain off and buy a spartan instead. The villians fun but very hard to control due to its overpowered.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Traxxas Marshal
    Thanks for the update. I can't say that I'm surprised about it being that uncontrollable, that's a lot of speed for such a short hull that wasn't designed for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12