Lift kit installed and 5.8 inch tires

This thing is huge lol

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I like it....good job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

it looks like a beast with the lift.
    Slash, Stampede,Craniac,X2 TRX4 ,ford gt 4 tec 2.0

Saw the title, had my doubts, but it looks good...very good.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Thanks, it's quit and actually runs very well plus lots of articulation but yes top heavy so one needs to drive with care...kind of like a real truck haha

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    My first thoughts exactly but just like you, I think it looks awesomely good.

RC Racer
    Running this setup now, with offset wheels

RC Qualifier
    This is sick looking. I didn't know snap on sponsored a trx4, lol. Is the gearing all stock?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    This is sick looking. I didn't know snap on sponsored a trx4, lol. Is the gearing all stock?
    It lift kit comes with a 10T pinion so it helps, stock is 11T so it makes up for bigger tires, here are some flex pics I have a vid but won't upload.

RC Racer
    Dang thats a monster !

RC Competitor
    Sick. How does it perform? Roll over more or no?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slp2000gtp View Post
    Sick. How does it perform? Roll over more or no?
    Awesome, quite surprised 🤨 actually and personally think it does better over stock suspension...goes over anything and doesn't feel top heavy at all, very easy on recovery...you feel how it drives.

RC Enthusiast
    Was it just way to much with the 5.8" swampers?
    I just ordered the exact same tire for mine with the lift, kinda wish I saw this a bit sooner....lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MODC View Post
    Was it just way to much with the 5.8" swampers?
    I just ordered the exact same tire for mine with the lift, kinda wish I saw this a bit sooner....lol
    Yes a bit but will work if u run proper wheel offset, they do clear but may need little body trim that I have done already.
    I find key is offset on rims, just bit wider makes a huge difference.

RC Enthusiast
    Got the swamper xl's in and mounted up on rc4wd racelines. Like them too much to not use them so just ordered a set of MIP portal extensions which adds 4mm and a whole lot of brass...lol
    Will see how that turns out.

RC Racer
    Got the swamper xl's in and mounted up on rc4wd racelines. Like them too much to not use them so just ordered a set of MIP portal extensions which adds 4mm and a whole lot of brass...lol
    Post pics when all done and let us know how it works.

RC Enthusiast
    Can we not upload pics directly to forum?

RC Racer
    yes you can just dont go to big on format , i do it of my phone with no issues .
    Can we not upload pics directly to forum?
    Sent from my Intel Apollo Lake Chromebook using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I can only seem to link to images by URL, and would have to upload them to the web somewhere first.

Slowly picking away on my little project as parts arrive, and time allows. Front axle is done and mounted, complete with the MIP Portal extensions, and brass everything. Waiting on some back ordered parts for the rear axle.
    I'll Figure the pic thing out once finished.

Forum says I can not post attachments though....

Posting Permissions
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts

I can only seem to link to images by URL, and would have to upload them to the web somewhere first.

Slowly picking away on my little project as parts arrive, and time allows. Front axle is done and mounted, complete with the MIP Portal extensions, and brass everything. Waiting on some back ordered parts for the rear axle.
    I'll Figure the pic thing out once finished.

Forum says I can not post attachments though....

Posting Permissions
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts
    No, you cannot post pictures to the Traxxas forums, you have to have a photo host like Fliker or Tapatalk to post pictures. Exiwolfman is using Tapatalk on his phone, once you make a Tapatalk account you can post pictures from there, and Tapatalk acts as the photo host.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    That's some awesome terrain that you get to drive on. It's pretty flat with only a few creeks where I live.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC Enthusiast
    I have found that adding offset actually creates more clearance issues, especially when turning. I made my own lift kit which is about 1/2 inch, and 5" tires is about as big as I can run without tons of rubbing while crawling/turning, especially with more offset. My understanding is the traxxas lift kit is about 1", but everything I've heard says that it actually lowers the all around crawling performace... Plus the crazy price they charge for it.. Thus I made my own..

RC poster
    I would do that if I was going to use a brushless system to go faster over obstacles.

RC Enthusiast
    Well, I finally have it almost finished, finished enough to test run inside anyway.
    I added the MIP extensions for 4mm per side, brass everything on the axles, and a whopping 270 Grams of weight per wheel....lol. Running a small 3S in the front battery tray.

I love it! From my limited testing so far, it seems to crawl amazing, far better than the stock Defender that it started life as. I have a aftermarket bumper on the way which should not rub at full flex or steering. I will have to do some minor trimming around the fenders though, no doubt that.

As much as I would prefer not to have to trim the body, I can't help it, I like the look and performance not to.
    Weight wise, it is a pig, I'll try to get a completed weight once I'm done, but it is very heavy.
    Also running HH 1800Kv revolver, with a Mamba X, and a 9 tooth pinion.

I'll try to figure out how to post pic's or vids on here once done, but I drive long haul, so not home much.

RC Racer
    Well, I finally have it almost finished, finished enough to test run inside anyway.
    I added the MIP extensions for 4mm per side, brass everything on the axles, and a whopping 270 Grams of weight per wheel....lol. Running a small 3S in the front battery tray.

I love it! From my limited testing so far, it seems to crawl amazing, far better than the stock Defender that it started life as. I have a aftermarket bumper on the way which should not rub at full flex or steering. I will have to do some minor trimming around the fenders though, no doubt that.

As much as I would prefer not to have to trim the body, I can't help it, I like the look and performance not to.
    Weight wise, it is a pig, I'll try to get a completed weight once I'm done, but it is very heavy.
    Also running HH 1800Kv revolver, with a Mamba X, and a 9 tooth pinion.

I'll try to figure out how to post pic's or vids on here once done, but I drive long haul, so not home much.
    Awesome, now to post pics get app so u can run any forum on it and it let's u post pics directly of ur phone also this app works on Chrome books in same way.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
    Awesome, now to post pics get app so u can run any forum on it and it let's u post pics directly of ur phone also this app works on Chrome books in same way.

Here's some pics.....

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Here's some pics.....

That looks awesome! No tire rub on portals? I had to space offset my wheels a bit cos they would rub on the portals well mainly the front it was the steering links that would rub on tires.

I like it, nice job!

Last edited by Exiwolfman; 10-13-2018 at 11:44 AM.

RC Racer
    This is my setup now, I like the sport body better as lifted truck... So did the swap between trucks also its now running Mamba X sensored with 3800kv haha

RC Enthusiast
    That looks awesome! No tire rub on portals? I had to space offset my wheels a bit cos they would rub on the portals well mainly the front it was the steering links that would rub on tires.

I like it, nice job!

No rub at all, the rc4wd racelines in 1.9 rubbed the portals a tiny bit, but the 2.2's have tons of clearance. No rub at steering links either, but I'm also running the MIP portal extensions which add 4mm per side.

RC Enthusiast
    This is my setup now, I like the sport body better as lifted truck... So did the swap between trucks also its now running Mamba X sensored with 3800kv haha

That looks good, has a monster truck look...lol.
    Are those fender flares a molded part of the sport body, or a separate piece?

RC Racer
    That looks good, has a monster truck look...lol.
    Are those fender flares a molded part of the sport body, or a separate piece?

Nice you are running extensions, that will definitely help with clearing the links and portals.
    The fender flairs are part of the body that have black stickers on top and I painted the inside black.
    And thanks it definitely looks more like a monster truck now the scale of the sport body is bit smaller over bronco making the wheels look huge.

RC Racer
    No rub at all, the rc4wd racelines in 1.9 rubbed the portals a tiny bit, but the 2.2's have tons of clearance. No rub at steering links either, but I'm also running the MIP portal extensions which add 4mm per side.

https://youtu.be/hPrujuP4zSw

Little video on my YouTube channel of how it runs now, also check out my other vid on how it crawlers.

RC Enthusiast
    Lol...that's cool, but mine is pretty much crawling only....I had a brushless Slash 4x4 for the fast stuff, but I couldn't handle the carnage that came with it.
    https://youtu.be/hPrujuP4zSw

Little video on my YouTube channel of how it runs now, also check out my other vid on how it crawlers.

RC Racer
    Lol...that's cool, but mine is pretty much crawling only....I had a brushless Slash 4x4 for the fast stuff, but I couldn't handle the carnage that came with it.

Thanks, and I do know what you mean lol this one is set up for winter should be fun in the snow...i use my sport with Bronco body as a crawler and it's running 2280kv with Mamba X