RC poster

FYI: Wheel offset for the 4tec 2.0 Ford Gt

Front wheel is 26 mm wide with an offset of 2 mm
    Rear wheel is 30 mm wide with an offset of 6 mm

RC Racer
    Thanks for the info. I recently picked up a roller and had some rims and tires on hand. Tried to run the vehicle but ended up messing up the brake rotors due to the rims rubbing on them. I just picked up some HPI 3mm and 6mm offset wheels. Just waiting for the tires themselves to get in.

RC Racer
    I have been using various wheels with 3-4 mm offset from various brands and it seems to work. I also borrowed a set of Yokomo's 9mm offset wheels and they look really cool with the right kind of body (race type). The brake rotors need to go for most wheels unless you tweak around with the hubs and get some wider ones.. All in all, I must say that it's a pretty customizable and easy to use platform....

RC Racer
    I noticed in the manual that there was a way to add 3mm onto the rear wheels. Has anyone done this? More importantly does anyone know of a way to make the front and rear even, or same width as the front?

RC poster
    do a search on google, they make 12mm hex spacers in various widths

RC Enthusiast
    How do you measure offset? I bought some HPI wheels for my LaTrax with 1mm offset (some listings say 0mm). But there is no measurement that gives either of those values. Offset should be distance from centerline of the wheel to the end of the hex

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalopephoto View Post
    How do you measure offset? I bought some HPI wheels for my LaTrax with 1mm offset (some listings say 0mm). But there is no measurement that gives either of those values. Offset should be distance from centerline of the wheel to the end of the hex
    That’s a great question. Im sure someone on here can break that down for the rest of us.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bashwithslash View Post
    That’s awesome!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bashwithslash View Post
    Exactly, the Ford GT wheels front are definitely not 2mm offset. What are the numbers in the OP based on? How did erkess66 come up with 2mm and 6mm?

They should be negative numbers because the flat surface of the wheel hex is closer to the outer edge of the wheel
    Last edited by jackalopephoto; 10-23-2018 at 01:40 PM.