RC Enthusiast

First run...first casualty!

So this happened...on grass! Took a jump, grass landing. Then one rear wheel stopped spinning! What part am I looking at replacing here please folks? Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrizh View Post
    So this happened...on grass! Took a jump, grass landing. Then one rear wheel stopped spinning! What part am I looking at replacing here please folks? Cheers!

Good old plastic driveshafts! Id suggest upgrading to MIP X-Duty shafts, they are the stongest out there right now. If you arent into that - which is understandable, they arent cheap, I'd buy alot more than just one replacement plastic one...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by J.hyland View Post
    Good old plastic driveshafts! Id suggest upgrading to MIP X-Duty shafts, they are the stongest out there right now. If you arent into that - which is understandable, they arent cheap, I'd buy alot more than just one replacement plastic one...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Cheers! Now trying to find a UK seller of MIP!

RC Racer
    This guy

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I have seen others install the xo-1 telescoping axles also. My thinking on this is they are quite strong but not as heavy as the MIP X-duties. I have the X-duties on my Slash and weight is the biggest complaint. I also had pro-line axles at one point that were good and significantly lighter than the x-duties.

Weight on this truck really compromises its balance and overall feel. Too many weight additions and you have to change suspension and the truck see's more wear and tear.

-Liberty

RC Qualifier

You need parts: 10130 and 10132

. If anybody knows: It seems both kits are for the slash 4x4. Whatís the difference between parts 18140 and 10130?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ati; 08-16-2018 at 05:59 PM.

RC Qualifier

I canít edit my previous post now. These posts were supposed to end up in your other thread. Sorry.

And to clarify those are MIP part numbers. 10130 and 10132.

if you are just using the stock power system, there is no need for the MIP x-duties. The X-Duties are great and I have them on two of my rigs but there is no need to spend $100 when $10 will work fine. Just buy another set of the stock axels.https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-6852X...ear+driveshaft
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC Qualifier
    It really depends on how you drive. I blew 7 axles in a single day. I didnít even get through my third pack. Thatís when I knew I needed heavy duty.

I'll agree that MIP axles can be Overkill for some, but if you break one axle more are sure to follow. Maybe loosen the slipper clutch to cushion the force on the axcels

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

So this happened...on grass! Took a jump, grass landing. Then one rear wheel stopped spinning!
    Got to learn to release the throttle when landing.
    Do NOT land jumps while on the throttle.
    That, combined with a tight slipper caused your axle to snap.
    Live and learn!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    Cheers all

Does anyone have any experience with these:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.p...duct_id=380913

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bent_hinge_pin View Post
    This guy

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    I see the benefit of these, but pretty sure I'll need the shafts as well now?

Quote Originally Posted by ati View Post
    I canít edit my previous post now. These posts were supposed to end up in your other thread. Sorry.

And to clarify those are MIP part numbers. 10130 and 10132.

Thanks. It's hard to find MIP in UK would seem!

Quote Originally Posted by Iansprouse1 View Post
    if you are just using the stock power system, there is no need for the MIP x-duties. The X-Duties are great and I have them on two of my rigs but there is no need to spend $100 when $10 will work fine. Just buy another set of the stock axels.https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-6852X...ear+driveshaft
    "Stock power"? Everything is stock, just added a 3S pack.

Quote Originally Posted by ati View Post
    It really depends on how you drive. I blew 7 axles in a single day. I didnít even get through my third pack. Thatís when I knew I needed heavy duty.

Which is where it becomes more cost effective to just buy some HD ones!

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I'll agree that MIP axles can be Overkill for some, but if you break one axle more are sure to follow. Maybe loosen the slipper clutch to cushion the force on the axcels

Cheers! Any guides on how to do this please? I'm from a Tamiya kit background and not that familiar yet with Traxxas build!

RC Enthusiast
    To loosen the slipper clutch you’re going to need to do a little bit of disassembling. Remove the 4 screws on the bottom of your car that connect the rear assembly to the main chassis. Then, remove the gear cover and undo the mesh between the pinion gear and spur gear. Then, pull the rear assembly back from the main chassis. This will reveal the slipper clutch assembly (if you do t know what that looks like, it’s the thing attached to the spur gear). Remove his by pulling back on the assembly. On the assembly, there should be a spring that is held down by a nut. Use your wrench to lessen this nut. The more loose, the more slip which prevents your drivetrain from being bombed by hard acceleration. To reinstall, slide the slipper clutch assembly back into place. Then, slide the rear assembly back into place. This is the hardest part. You may need to spin the rear wheels a bit to try to make the slipper clutch mesh with the rear diff. After that, all you need to do is set the gear mesh, reinstall the gear cover and 4 screws in the bottom.

If you have the LCG chassis, simply slide your wrench on the slipper nut and roll the truck forward or rearward on a high traction surface(like carpet) instructions are in the manual that can be found here:

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...-tsm?t=support
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    If you have the LCG chassis, simply slide your wrench on the slipper nut and roll the truck forward or rearward on a high traction surface(like carpet) instructions are in the manual that can be found here:

Aye LCG.

Cheers guys!

Dcuda is correct! Rolling the truck forward with the wrench on the nut will tighten it. Rolling it backwards will loosen it. Just be sure to give it full throttle and listen to the high pitch squeal. That will let you know how tight it is.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post

Also works for hcg as well, it's not necessary to disassemble the entire rear end of the truck to adjust slipper clutch settings.

Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Enthusiast
    Cheers all

Does anyone have any experience with these:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.p...duct_id=380913

Just wanted to add, I purchased these and they are superb. Run lasted more then 10 minutes this time - until she wouldn't run no more and zero breakages this time

Glad you're back up and running and having fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein