RC poster

Traxxas Slash Nitro. - Inquiry about tuning- (I am a noob) Please help me.

Good afternoon,

I dont know if this is the right forum, I am honestly a little confused as to how to use it. My apologies if this does not belong here. But anyhow.. I have been having fun with my slash vxl 2wd with oba and tsm and loved it. never a problem with it. I did some mods to it but after a while I got tired of it,, so... I bought a slash nitro 2wd... I have been trying to tune it and honestly I like where it is now.. I will provide you with a link below so you can hear how it sounds.. I suggest you use headphones for a better grip on how it really sounds.. I know I am on the rich side but i love how it grunts.. I cants stand the motorcycle sounds a lean engine makes... sorry If you do.. no intend to offend..I am just explaining why I run it the way I do..
    I would like to know what you guys think of my rookie tuning.. I had a problem when I was breaking in the engine.. the hsn was 2 1/2 turns out !!! and I was stupid to not check it while breaking it in!... anyways.. now it is 3 3/4 out.. and lsn is a little more than 1 1/50 not quiet 1.75 turns out.. Idle gap is exactly 1 mm .. I am new and enjoying this car.. let me know please what you guys think. Perhaps my tuning is cra@%$#%$p and I will take it.. just let me know.. I thank you in advance. here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hebr1bHLABA

RC poster
    any input anyone?

Hard to tell as it does not seem like you are going WOT at all. If it struggles to gain speed/rpm then it is too rich. If it stumbles at high rpm then it is too lean.

If you have good performance and smoke on high(er) speed passes then the HSN is pretty good. If the pinch test gets the engine to shut off around 3 seconds then the LSN is good.

You may want to invest in a temp gauge and use it as a tool as well. At idle you should see the temperature drop 1 or so every few seconds.

It will take near a gallon before the engine will wake up and really scream.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    sounds a little to rich, id back it out another full turn on the HSN and start over.. tune for performance not sound. i agree with double g temp guns are a great tool to have on you for tuning.