RC Enthusiast

Pro .15 Stinger Boring - Worth It or Not?

Just curious, iíve read some post of trx 3.3 owners boring out the exhaust tip diameter for bettwr performance...is this something that is safe for the stock exhaust on a Pro .15 Rustler?

Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRustle View Post
    Just curious, i’ve read some post of trx 3.3 owners boring out the exhaust tip diameter for bettwr performance...is this something that is safe for the stock exhaust on a Pro .15 Rustler?
    Remember, you must have backpressure from the pipe to pump the fuel... Make that stinger too large and you will have lean issues when running under a heavy load.

Want better performance get a better exhaust. I'd recommend this for the Pro .15 https://www.ebay.com/p/Traxxas-High-...9766851&chn=ps

I have 2 of them they work good even with a 3.3 engine.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Racer
    Here is a performance trick you can use. Find a piece of tubing that will fit over the exhaust stinger. Fasten it with a zip tie. From the end of the stinger out, measure one inch then cut it there. This will actually give you more speed when the engine comes on the pipe. if it almost gives you a boost, cut a quarter of an inch off the rubber tubing and try again. What this actually is doing is, tuning the pipe more than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by stampedejim View Post
    Here is a performance trick you can use. Find a piece of tubing that will fit over the exhaust stinger. Fasten it with a zip tie. From the end of the stinger out, measure one inch then cut it there. This will actually give you more speed when the engine comes on the pipe. if it almost gives you a boost, cut a quarter of an inch off the rubber tubing and try again. What this actually is doing is, tuning the pipe more than it already is.
    Any proof of this?? I've used stinger extensions and I never noticed any difference at all. I raced for 6 years, 2 of the 6 I was sponsored.
    Want better performance? Get a better pipe and a high flow air filter...... IMHO The Traxxas dual Chambered resonator is an excellent pipe to go to, or an Outlaw racing pipe if you can find one.

If this was true you'd be seeing tubes being sold in R/C shops would be marketing them that way....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Remember, you must have backpressure from the pipe to pump the fuel... Make that stinger too large and you will have lean issues when running under a heavy load.

Want better performance get a better exhaust. I'd recommend this for the Pro .15 https://www.ebay.com/p/Traxxas-High-...9766851&chn=ps

I have 2 of them they work good even with a 3.3 engine.
    Wow, thats nice to know that this tuned pipe works well for the trx pro 15, 2.5 and 3.3. May have to get a couple of these at some point. Working on getting my hands on a Tmaxx 3.3 at the moment.