RC Qualifier

How many of you would buy a nitro UDR?

I was just looking a the fuel cell on my UDR and thinking it would be neat if it carried real fuel.....

and of course....there could be a real exhaust system too.....

That would be neat, but a lot more money would probably have to be spent. It could end up being the price of an X-maxx or more. It would probably have everything shoehorned into it.

RC Competitor
    And it would never be allowed in the house if you use your kitchen table as a workbench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    The UDR is my first electric Rc and first Traxxas vehicle. Coming from gas 5th scale I don’t think I would want one. I like the cleanliness of the electric and the instant on power is fun. The UDR is quickly becoming my favorite.

RC Competitor
    I don't think I'd want one. I'm all about scale and a UDR that smokes and sounds like a hedge trimmer? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by 68f100 View Post
    The UDR is my first electric Rc and first Traxxas vehicle. Coming from gas 5th scale I donít think I would want one. I like the cleanliness of the electric and the instant on power is fun. The UDR is quickly becoming my favorite.
    Once they get so large that batteries become a problem, you get gassers. I can think of 1 guy who built a SCORE TT sized truck that was a gasser. He built one, others are electric. Not finicky, not noisy. There are some 5th scale electric trucks, switching is $$$$$. Theory is great, not sure about the execution success.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    Once they get so large that batteries become a problem, you get gassers. I can think of 1 guy who built a SCORE TT sized truck that was a gasser. He built one, others are electric. Not finicky, not noisy. There are some 5th scale electric trucks, switching is $$$$$. Theory is great, not sure about the execution success.
    I agree 100%. It was cheaper to buy the UDR than convert my 5t to electric.

RC Qualifier
    I like nitro. But I'm not a huge fan of nitro. Oil and dirt just sucks after a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    As often as this thing has needed parts (I think mine was built on a Monday), I think a nitro UDR would need even more maintenance and parts.

RC Qualifier
    Good points. I have never owned a nitro truck, only planes and helicopters......they are definitely messy and they dont operate near the dirt usually!

I really like the functional scale aspect of the UDR and a gas engine, tank, exhaust, would just add some additional functional scale elements along with their associated challenges. I will probably have a nitro Traxxas vehicle before I am done.....just because I thought their t-maxx was the most awesome thing ever with its transmission and reverse and autostart.....Traxxas was by far doing the coolest things back in the day....at least in my opinion. Tamiya and Kyosho each held that title for me for a while, but they fell by the wayside......Traxxas seems to have picked up the ball and never looked back!

RC Champion
    I would much rather run electric after owning over 20 nitro vehicles of different types. Iíll never go back to nitro! Itís too much work for here in FL. Way too much time adjusting things to get them to run correctly!! With electric itís plug and play!!!

RC Racer
    I agree - I've had plenty of Nitro's. Electric is so much cleaner and easier - and now that they're as fast, it's almost a no brainer. That said, they'll have to pry my RC10GT outta my hands!

RC Racer
    Wouldn't consider a Nitro version. The power of brushless and the ease of use of electric is far more entertaining.

Not to mention the cost involved with Nitro and all I wouldn't be able to run one within 10 miles of my house due to the noise.

RC poster
    I would buy it in 5th scale with a gas engine!!!!

RC poster
    I'll never run gas again. More noise, more mess, more maintenance, less performance. Pass. I'll take lipo and brushless all day long. Who wants to tune nitro with that cage on? Impossible to get to things inside that cage. Nitro tuning with that thing would be impossible. I'll pass.

Yeah! I want Traxxas to make nitro UDR and come with big tank for long run! I think 3.3 engine would be ok and enough powerful to run UDR since Revo is big and heavy with 3.3 engine.

Please Traxxas!

RC Competitor
    Nitro just isnít the same since the introduction of LiPo and brushless
    You just canít beat something way more powerful and cleaner. And the noise will always be an issue. Everyone non-RC hates them noisy nitros
    For me (an apartment dweller) - I would have troubles trying to store the very flammable nitro fuel. My LiPos are in LiPo bags and way less messy. And the tuning of nitro engines! Everyone I knew who was nitro walked away from their poorly tuned nitro powered rigs. And they hated having to deal with a rig that came out of winter storage
    Just modify yours and blow us all away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro