RC Competitor

castle creations esc switch

some esc types have a separate on/off switch. I am looking for ideas of how to mount the switch to the slash 4x4. I know rmp produce a cradle that holds the esc and switch but it seem a little expensive for what it is.

I have tried strong double sided tape but any water seems to undo it. The same tape holds the esc fine but it has a much larger surface area to stick to.

Shoe goo it to the side of the chassis. I tried the tape and it just fell off. Went for the shoe goo and its held perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Gone racing"

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Good work isn't cheap, cheap work isn't good

Don't know what your switch looks like but maybe you could do something like this. Works great for me.

-Shack

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by shack351 View Post
    Don't know what your switch looks like but maybe you could do something like this. Works great for me.

-Shack

I was thinking of doing something similar but I have Velcro on the side of the chassis for my dusty motors cover and I was a little concerned about cutting holes in it

As a rule I just cut them off and solder the wires together, I think that's all going to change since I ordered a 2650kv and 2200kv MMX combos on Friday to replace the nonsensored combo's I'm running now, looking at Shacks picture it appears castle has made some improvements to them now, perhaps I'll keep them this time around.

@Shack351; Who is your third party picture carrier?
    I like the way I can open your pic's in another window and zoom way in with excellent clarity.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    @Shack351; Who is your third party picture carrier?
    I like the way I can open your pic's in another window and zoom way in with excellent clarity.
    Hey Bones, I actually host all my own stuff. I'm the IT Admin for the company that I work for so I just carved out a little space to use on one of our "retired" websites. This was almost 2 years ago and if I would have known then that I would get caught up in the RC addiction, I would have just setup my own domain from the start. I have one now but don't really have time to move content and setup redirect. Anyway, a cheap hosting account will give you the flexibility to do anything you like but of course will require you to configure it the way you want it. Can be complex or a 5 minute job to get going!

-Shack

I am not sure how good the shoe goo is but i know for sure the E6000 or goop works. I gooped mine against the ecs and has not budged. Never will unless i want it too.

Choose Life !!!

Another good goop job with hobbywing switch...

Choose Life !!!

-Shack

I saw you do this on one of you threads and I did the same. I really like how it looks and I never have to go looking for where the switch went

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

Glad it worked out! I like it, too. Easy to turn off/on, even with the body on, and the mounting is solid.

-Shack

Hey Bones, I actually host all my own stuff. I'm the IT Admin for the company that I work for so I just carved out a little space to use on one of our "retired" websites. This was almost 2 years ago and if I would have known then that I would get caught up in the RC addiction, I would have just setup my own domain from the start. I have one now but don't really have time to move content and setup redirect. Anyway, a cheap hosting account will give you the flexibility to do anything you like but of course will require you to configure it the way you want it. Can be complex or a 5 minute job to get going!

-Shack
    Thanks Shack, I'm using Flicker right now, it's free and easy to use.
    Perhaps I'll look a bit deeper into their offerings.
    I can take most any pic from members and expand them but however with your's I get a very large detailed clear view.
    Since I was 53 before I ever touched a computer I'm a bit behind in the skill department.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.