RC poster

Need a new steering servo

So I took a nasty tumble tonight and broke the steering servo and rear arm. What’s a good steering servo in the 100$ range for the UDR? Is it a standard 1/10 size?

RC Competitor
    Search steering servo on this UDR forum. Many replies from users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Savox SC-1256-TG is supposedly a great servo....I bought one when my stock servo quit. Not sure if it is waterproof though.

Traxxas ordered me a replacement stock servo which was back ordered at the time. It has since arrived. They were great to deal with and might warranty your unit.....you may need to buy the arm though!

RC Competitor

Servo replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    Savox SC-1256-TG is supposedly a great servo....I bought one when my stock servo quit. Not sure if it is waterproof though.

Traxxas ordered me a replacement stock servo which was back ordered at the time. It has since arrived. They were great to deal with and might warranty your unit.....you may need to buy the arm though!
    I just put a Savox 1256 in my truck a few days ago.....works awesome......was only 59.99 at my local hobby shop.....277 oz of torgue....metal gears.....don't think it's waterproof.....buts it's a nice drop in servo....

RC Competitor
    buts it's a nice drop in servo....
    Yup! 1256TG is Plug-n-play baby! Not waterproof.

RC Qualifier
    They may not be waterproof but they are water resistant. I have used my 1267sg’s in my Summit around creeks and wet areas and had no ill effects. Didn’t submerge them, but they did get a little wet from running in conditions mentioned above.

RC poster
    I went with the 1256 and it's still a little slow but works.

RC poster
    1230 savox.. 499 oz of torq~
    run the same servo in the emaxx

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post

I lost my servo in one of my UDRs last night, less then 3 charges through the car.
    Sure seems like there maybe should be an upgraded part offered by Traxxas this seems to be a very common issue.

How did you go about starting the warranty claim process with Traxxas? Do you just call customer service or something?
    RC's4-UDR/6-XMax/?-Slash/1-Rust4X/4-E-rev/4-E-maxx

RC Competitor

1230 savox servo

Quote Originally Posted by jeepgeek2002 View Post
    1230 savox.. 499 oz of torq~
    run the same servo in the emaxx
    Is this a drop in servo....no grinding.

RC Racer
    I went with a Savox 2292 sg …. monster performance / high torque and speed …. perfect upgrade servo for the UDR !!!!
    Xmaxx , XO - 1 , Slayer Pro , UDR , E-Revo