RC poster

X Maxx problems help

Hey new guy here my boy was playing with the new x max I got from a guy ran fine all day last time we put batteries in we didn’t have brakes or reverse and it seems jumpy like it’s heaitating on the throttle I change it threw all the modes still no luck I know one mode has no reverse what’s my issue need help any ideas I bought this thing used without a single scratch on it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What model do you have. Sounds like an esc failure.

RC poster
    8s I just recalibrated controller and now I noticed I have a red light on the v I know that’s not right I have brand new batteries and I just charged them

RC Qualifier
    Check the voltage in your batteries
    Lipo battery cell failure possible
    fabricator

RC poster
    What should they show

RC Qualifier
    4.20 volts per cell
    Below 3v kills lipo
    fabricator

RC poster
    Ok I’m not sure how to test each cell but I checked the volts with my multimeter it was 12.56 so I think that’s good right any way we put the batteries in the truck is was actting like it should then the symptoms start by being jerky on the take of then I noticed it would have a flashing red might but every time it would flash I could get to it fast enough to see what light was flashing sometimes the red lightnwith the v comes on and goes off I’m assuming that the over current flashing is coming on how do I fix that or it’s the v light flashing with good bat that test how i described above
    Last edited by Hopkins86; 08-21-2018 at 02:59 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Most likely a cell going bad > unbalanced cells
    Best to stop running when first notice issue
    Balance packs on a 3 in 1 balancer
    before/after charging to prolong battery life
    New batteries should fix this-
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    I dont own a xmaxx, but will try to lend a hand. You are using lipo batteries, each battery is made of individual cells stacked together, so 3s battery has 3 cells etc. Each cell should be 3.4v dead, 4.2 fully charged. There are cell testers everywhere for $10-15, so if you are running 2, 4s batteries that's 8s, or 8 cells, so if they are fully charged, should be 16.8 per battery, and should stay above 12v while giving truck throttle. If your voltages are good, then yes, possibly bad esc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No offense, but lipo batteries offer awesome performance, but require lots of maintenance and can very easily be ruined or destroyed, not to mention catch fire and explode. There are some good YouTube videos, try searching RC Lipo basics. You can never have to much knowledge!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Double G; 08-21-2018 at 12:10 PM. Reason: merge

LiPo cells do not explode - that action is reserved for nickel-based cells. What LiPo cells infrequently do is burn vigorously.

Individual cell voltages can be read by holding the multimeter leads on adjacent terminals of the balance tap.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    I'd say BAD CELL in the PACK replace both PACKS with new fresh packs & try to run truck again