RC Enthusiast

Shell reinforcement?

Hey guys. Took the Maxx out for its first run this morning. Nothing too strenuous! However noticed the shell had popped from the chassis at the front end. The bolts/ screws have pulled through. Looks recoverable with some sort of washer or reinforcement by looks of it. Any suggestions please? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Yes they pull threw the body very very easy just get you some small fender washers and put them on the front four hood screws and the two right behind the the cab. I had to make some custom washers to go where the ram air ports on the hood of mine they work much better. I also made some custom stainless steel braces for the bed to reinforce the rear section of the body.

RC Enthusiast
    I use :
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F232295829320

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC Enthusiast
    Cheers guys. I got some foam washers and some smaller metal washers, combination of both working well for now.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier

Traxxas X-Maxx Body Savers (Screw Hole Reinforcement)

Here is what I do and it is cheap. The key to preventing anymore issues is getting the longer screws:

I have a newer version with the E-Revo that shows what they look like if you install them upside down. The part numbers are in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oMoDurweo8

You probably want to reinforce your body as well. My X-Maxxes have taken countless beatings and the bodies still do not have any holes or cracked panels.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours