RC poster

Trx-4 will only work with nimh batt.

I needed the defender light kit Traxxas 8030 on my trx-4 today and waited for night and took out after dark using 3s LiPo on lx5hv esc .Ran it for about 5 min. It stopped moving no steering or light on escjust the locker and 2 speed servos working .So I unplugged batt and plugged it back in and pushed button on esc light flashed red 3 times and turned off. I tried reprogramming esc and nothing ... plugged in nimh and set it to no lvd and itís works steering and all . So with lvd off I plugged in LiPo . Car will go forward and reverse but no steering . Tried to trim back on lvd and it flashes 3 times and shuts off . And I did notice that receiver is staying on all the time even when the esc is off will only turn off when batt is disconnected . Any help would be appreciated thanks

RC Racer
    Seems to me the ESC is not working correctly.
    Something in its circuitry is fried.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I’m leaning that way myself but I was hoping that I’m just missing something

RC Enthusiast
    Did you try a different lipo or can you check the cell voltage?

RC poster
    Yes we I tried a fully charged LiPo with the same results

RC Enthusiast
    Probably the ESC but it would be best if you can make it down to your local hobby shop and they should be able to confirm by swapping things out.

I will say on my TRX4 the steering servo died and wiped out the ESC with only a few hours of total runtime in under a weeks time. When mine died the lights on the ESC were off and when I tried reconnecting the battery it made a fizzling sound of something frying. After that when connecting the battery the truck just started driving on its own.

So I would suggest if you're running the stock steering servo I would upgrade that along with the ESC if it's faulty. I went with the Hobbywing 1080 ESC and haven't looked back. Now I have spare warranty parts from Traxxas but at this point I'd be cautious of swapping either the ESC or 2075X back in. If you upgrade the servo you will need a BEC or a better ESC such as the HW 1080 which has a beefier internal BEC vs. the stock one (3A vs 1A).
    Last edited by TMoney128; 08-26-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Is the ESC in "LiPo" mode?

See page 18 of the PDF manual here: https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...-OM-EN-R01.pdf

RC Competitor
    Sounds like the ESC is fried. Install a HW 1080 and you will be good to go.
    It's a rock, get over it!