Thread: O.G. diffs

O.G. diffs

Kept blowing diffs in my OG erevo. Had HR diff cups front n rear. After blowing the rear last time, i decided to go with a spool. So i bought the HR spool. So i decided today would be a good day to go try it out. 10-15 mins in n i hear grindin noises. Well, front diff decided to let got. But i figured it wouldnt be long, so no big deal. Within that 10-15 min, i lost rear wheel drive. So i shut it down, bring it in n commence to tear down. Hoping it was the rear center shaft grup screw, but no chance. So i continue to tear down thinkin maybe it just needs shimmed, but no couldnt be that lucky. Then i seen it... The side of the spool is blown out. The center shaft of spool pulled out to reveal even more damage. It broke the center pin as well.

This truck has crazy power, but its hard to believe i broke a spool at half throttle in 10-15 mins of run time. Just to give n idea of power, im runnin the traxxas mxl6, trx 2200kv BL, n 2 smc 7400mah 90c 2s lipos

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

I think should add that im runnin revo 2.0 wheels with PL big joe 2s. I think that could be a diff blowin problem lol

Yeah, big heavy tires do a number on the O.G. ERBE. Probably one of the best things to do is run shockwaves or the original Badlands, it's the only way I've found to make the diffs last longer than one run.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Ive been thinkin bout goin back to the split 5 spoke trx wheels with canyons. N put the big joes on my nitro revo. It dont have the get up n go like the erbe. But diffs seem to be the main problem ive had. Broke a few grub screws/pins n couple wrist pins on driveshafts. Just tired of tearin diffs down lol

I hear ya! I was running a blx 4075 2000kv motor in my O.G. for a while, it blew a diff every other run no matter how well I shimmed it. I got really efficient at swapping them out, ha. If you really want to stick with 6s pick up a 2.0, it truly is better suited for it. I run 4s and a stock motor on my ERBE and 6s with the blx motor in my 2.0. Honestly, with the gearing I have the ERBE is faster on 4s than the 2.0 on 6s. It just doesn't have the 6s raw power like the 2.0 does. It will still do a standing backflip though. I'm running shockwaves on the O.G. and rarely blow a diff now a days. Just sharing my experience with both trucks.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Ive thought about getn the 2.0, but im a poor boy lmbo. But i run 4s in my OG n ive dun 1 standing front flip lol. Never could get a backflip. But my p4de i can do standin backflips every once in awhile. My p4de is as fast on 3s as my eerbe is on 4s

RC poster
    Try running shockwaves or the original Badlands.

RC Competitor
    I did the losi diff mod on my og and was the best thing I ever did to it, I always run 6s and I run the Big joe ll on them but motor can get hot, it’s awesome now with a few other mods, I almost gave up on driving it was a pita every run breaking something as I bash hard

RC poster
    I did the losi diff mod on my blog and was the best thing I ever did to it, I always run 6s and I run the Big joe ll on them but the motor can get hot, UX Design Company Ontario I almost gave up on driving it was a pita every run breaking something as I bash hard
    IT Company Surat