RC poster

Upgrading still possible today for an old Emaxx 3906?

Me and the Hubs were excited to find out old Emaxx 3906 still runs (after sitting in the garage for almost a decade) After much research a plethora of forums and articles on upgrading it were available we decided to upgrade it a bit . What just occurred to us that most of the posts or articles are 2010-2016 not many new posts about it..
    I am still unsure if Kershaw Designs products or kits are still being sold... ( I know the guy died but a different company references the kershaw website and the Kershaw website still works...
    If so that would make life a lot easier... Kershaw seemed to most of the parts we need and a useful kit for our motor upgrade
    Or because this truck is so old is it going to be quite difficult to find the parts we want to replace to give some new life to our 3906?
    If you have any newer /still running suppliers that would be great, besides ebay.
    Our first product was going to be the 3906 700 ho single conversion kit. It seems sufficient for what we wanted to do.
    Thank you,

RC Competitor
    I'm also running a 3906 Twin Titan. I blew the ESC and have had nothing but issues trying to find something to replace it.

RC Qualifier
    There a LOTTT of part for it!!! A LOT
    You just have to know witch part are identical to 3908.
    Or Just ask here what part you'll want to upgrade and you'll get an awnser!

A arm; bulk; Khead; drive shaft; turn buckle; knucle ... REALLY EASY TO FIND
    Diff option : check my post on LST2 diff in an emaxx BULLET PROOF

Ask what you need!!
    Last edited by EMaxx_Quebec; 09-05-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    3906 CC 1717 / MMM GA 7075 UE Khead LST2 DIFF

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTigger View Post
    I'm also running a 3906 Twin Titan. I blew the ESC and have had nothing but issues trying to find something to replace it.
    Get rid of those titan end orange EVX 14.4 and go for a cheap budget setup!! NEVER GO BACK!!!
    3906 CC 1717 / MMM GA 7075 UE Khead LST2 DIFF

RC poster

evx2

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTigger View Post
    I blew the orange ESC and replaced it with EVX2 the blue one and it's been working fine for the last 3 years.

RC Qualifier
    I think the current Titan motors are the same as the old ones. Should have no problem running a modern esc with those motors.

Traxxas Marshal
    The original Titans were different; they were 23-turn motors, had 2 vents at the end of the can, and had fewer fan blades. The newer Titans are 21-turn motors, have 4 vents at the end of the can, and have more fan blades. The newer Titans came out part way through the run of the original 3906 E-Maxx.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Really? I thought the original Titans were 21t as well. Either way, a newer esc shouldn't have any trouble with older, slower motors.