RC Enthusiast

Rust prevention?

What do you guys do about rust? I've took my Slash and X-Maxx out a few times now and they've got a bit wet. I dry them off as best I can but I notice some rust around screws and other metal parts. Whats the solution? Strip down and clean?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Before I take my Stampede out in the snow each time......I spray it down with WD40. What snow or slush does stick to it blows off easier and being WD stands for water displacement.....the screws and everything else still look new years later.

I never coat it after it's dry either, just before a snow run.

RC Competitor
    I would suggest you hose it down to get the salt/dirt and grime off.

Hand dry it as best as you can.

Generously spray wd40 everywhere even the plastic because it helps make the plastic more pliable so it bends rather than snaps.

Then use a heat gun ( hack : leaf blower ) and dry it off. Be sure to not get too close with the heat gun or use a low heat setting.

Shouldn’t take more than 20 to 30 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    E Revo 2.0 / Slash VXL 2wd / Rustler VXL 2wd

RC Enthusiast
    Cheers guys. I'll get a can of WD40.

RC Qualifier

Rust prevention?

Instead of WD40, you might try dry lube as well. I spray my entire vehicle down with it and after a good round of bashing I use an air compressor to rid of any dirt, water, and debris that got stuck on it. It repels the water very well and won’t attract dirt and debris. Dry Lube @ Walmart or any Home Depot or Lowe’s. Great stuff. I wound also highly recommend getting a small air compressor as well. Like said above when you get done bashing make sure you clean and lube as needed. WD40 is okay. But it attracts dirt. The dry lube I never had issues with dirt and such getting attracted to vehicle like normal lubes will do. These are JMHO’s. Good day.

RC Competitor
    Yes too much WD40 is bad. You don’t want a lot on there. That’s why I like to use a leaf blower/ heater gun

RC Enthusiast
    This stuff?

RC Qualifier
    That's lube made by WD40. You want the original Water Displacing 40 to stop the rust.

RC Competitor
    As long as you properly dry the truck and don’t over apply WD40 you will not have issues with it attracting any more dirt than will get inside of it from bashing lol.

If you don’t have a heat gun or leaf blower use a fan. Put Xmaxx in front of it and just rotate every 15 mins to dry evenly.