RC Racer

New to the RC hobby ? Already a huge fan of the UDR's .I have a X-8E radio question?

I am new to the RC hobby, I started with some cheap cars and have recently rather quickly moved over into to Traxxas RTR started out with a 2wd Slash brushless and a UDR.

Things have somewhat steam rolled from there even more quickly.

So I am now getting interested in having a nicer upgraded controller.

I was watching several video's and read some reviews on various models of controllers and I seem to have settled on the Graupner X-8E 4-Channel 2.4Ghz Color Tft Touch Screen & Voice Telemetry Car or Boat Transmitter. In fact I ordered one an X-8E today.

I have watched some videos on how to sync up a transmitter on Traxxas car, but all of those were with the Traxxas transmitters and receivers.

I am not quite ready to worry about all the telemetry stuff yet, I am just wanting sync this new controller when it gets here, to all of my now small collection of Traxxas RC vehicles.

So I guess my first dumb noobie question is will these higher end controllers like the X-8E that I ordered work with the Traxxas stock receivers already in the cars, or do you have to change out the Traxxas receivers to get the new controller to work. I know both the car and remote show to be 2.4Ghz.
    Can I just hold that button on the receiver and sync them up and have the basic controls of the car with the X-8E?

I'm not aware of the Graupner being able to link with the Traxxas receivers. I read through the product info page and it does not mention being able to control other brand receivers - though for the price it would be really nice to be able to.

Most likely you will have to purchase a compatible Graupner receiver for the other vehicles.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    So would changing the transmitter and the receiver on these Traxxas cars also be deleting the (Traxxas Stability Management (TSM)).
    I am not sure how often that TSM is kicking in to save me, but I suspected it has to be helping me some since I would say I am still a pretty green driver. I don't know that I am ready to ditch the TSM just yet.

RC Racer
    TSM only works with Traxxas Radios.
    Other companies have their own stability, like Spektrum with their AVC receivers

RC Qualifier
    As mentioned, if you go with a different radio you will loose TSM. Spektrum is the only other company that has an equivalent with AVC. Both of these are basically a gyro integrated in the receiver. Your next option is Futaba that offers a separate surface gyro that once setup, should be similar to TSM or AVC. There are some standalone surface gyro's available also that can be used with any receiver...you just wont be able to make adjustments from the radio.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate all the info.

After reading your comments and learning more about what all is actually involved, I tried to cancel the new controller I had ordered, but it had already shipped.

There appears to be a whole lot more involved with simply wanting to upgrade a controller, then I had every thought.

I was thinking it was like pushing a button or two in order to sync up that new controller to all the cars for simplicity of only having to keep one controller charged etc. Sort of like programming garage doors to a real cars built in transmitters.
    Maybe at some point I might want to still try this upgrade controller deal, but seems like I have a lot more to learn first.
    Thanks again for the help.

If you have the tqi remote (the one with two red buttons on top) you can bind one remote to both traxxas cars. I'm not 100 percent certain if the tq remote (one red button on top) can do that, the tqi for sure will. Just bind the controller you want to use with the other traxxas vehicles and your ready to RIP. One step further would be purchasing the blue tooth module and download the traxxas link app, then you can sync it to your phone and adjust settings from your phones screen. Might be a simpler and cheaper way to get your cars on a single controller.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it