Something's wrong here!

Tree 1 Rustler 0

https://www.flickr.com/photos/320680...7688300023073/

My daughter is trying out faster trucks, LOL!
    Revo .18TM BL Rustler Stampede MERV HPI Sprint 2

Oh wow. Darn trees...lol
    Looks like either a bent hex nut shaft or the bearing (if applicable) popped out of the "socket". Should be an easy fix....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Modded Traxxas Rustler VXL
    CC Sidewinder3;

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well done. Iím guessing bearing, stub axle, check your steering and camber links as well

RC Qualifier
    Can't wait to see round 2!

Quote Originally Posted by RC_N3RD View Post
    Can't wait to see round 2!
    She actually hit the tree twice, LOL! I had to holler across the yard to get her to bring it in!

I got a closer look at it and it appears to be the axle stub is bent. I am sure the wheel will have a little wobble but then it will match the other side from when I hit the tree....

RC Qualifier
    Haha, you guys are mean to that poor truck!

Haha, wow. Yeah, those dang trees. Its hard to dodge them when driving so fast. lol
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas9008 View Post
    Haha, wow. Yeah, those dang trees. Its hard to dodge them when driving so fast. lol
    For real! I need to change the gearing. The motor gets pretty hot. I can't imagine ppl running 3s, LOL!

RC Qualifier
    You use the Velineon system? I hate that it gets so hot. It's a great motor, but it runs so hot you just can't get the speed you want out of it without the motor overheating.

Ooh, that sucks to read. lol. I just bought the Velineon system for my Rustler project. lol. I'm hoping to get speed out of it and using 28/76 48P I'm hoping on a 2s that will get me over 60 km/h

No, I'm using the Sidewinder SV3 4600kV. I cant remember my pinion (maybe 21t?) but the spur is 86T. I'll try to get a number for the pinion. I am running 1/8 buggy wheels/tires.

You know your top speed on it? or a rough one?

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas9008, you should be fine. Just watch temps. Might want to get a heat sink or fan to help cool the motor. Like I said, despite it running a little warm, it's a pretty good system.

Ha, reading that post back, maybe a I exaggerated a little. Do wanna watch temps though for sure.

RC Qualifier
    Also chop1sc, your motor is what gets hot? I've always heard that the sv3 escs get hot, but not the motors.

I run the 5700kv in a rustler, geared 23/86 the motor never gets hot, even on 3s! The sv3 is the weak link there, if the motor is heating up, maybe a binding or drag issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I have like a 5000kv motor in my Rustler as well. That's why Im wondering about this sv3.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I run the 5700kv in a rustler, geared 23/86 the motor never gets hot, even on 3s! The sv3 is the weak link there, if the motor is heating up, maybe a binding or drag issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    This is where I wish that Castle would give how many amps each esc can deliver. Castle prefers package deals use their motor with their esc. They give general guidelines for use. I would also like to know how many amps a motor can pull per given voltage and how many amps the esc can deliver. A 5700kv motor on 3s is probably pulling close to 100amps (if not more) so a 60a esc will thermal.

But I don't believe Traxxas with a 200a continuous rating on the VXl esc if that were true the esc should not thermal on 3s with the VXL 3500kv motor I would like to know how they came up with that number maybe a motor with no load?

Quote Originally Posted by RC_N3RD View Post
    Traxxas9008, you should be fine. Just watch temps. Might want to get a heat sink or fan to help cool the motor. Like I said, despite it running a little warm, it's a pretty good system.

Ha, reading that post back, maybe a I exaggerated a little. Do wanna watch temps though for sure.
    Perfect. I bought a heat sink for it, so that definitely should help.

Got a new set of axles for the front and changed from a 26T pinion to a 23T. Still running the 86T spur so we'll see how the motor likes this gearing. If it still gets too hot I guess I will look into getting a heat sink.

Oh, I also updated the ESC with Castle Link and made sure I had no drag brake on or anything crazy.