RC poster

E-Revo 2.0 TSM Steering & Servo Problems

After 3 runs both steering servos failed on my new E Revo 2.0. Have reported issue and replaced with SAVOX servos. When I set up new servos I made sure servo horns and linkages were aligned correctly to avoid stressing the new servos.

Question/problem .. I now test the vehicle and notice that with anything above 20 to 30% TSM the steering gradually pulls/turns to the left when driving forward. As soon as I stop the vehicle steering snaps back to perfect alignment.

If I run vehicle in reverse, this does not happen.

Traxxas informed me not to run TSM avove 30% but then I question why? Whats the point of having a stability control that if you run above 30% causes the vehicle to veer in one direction or another.+

Has anyone else noticed this issue when replacing and setting up new servos??

RC Champion
    There is another thread floating around here that more or less explains why this happens. It is compatibility issues using aftermarket servos such as the Savox servos, as well as some other companies. They actually say to keep TSM at it very close to zero. Not sure as to why completely, other than compatibility issues.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    There is another thread floating around here that more or less explains why this happens. It is compatibility issues using aftermarket servos such as the Savox servos, as well as some other companies. They actually say to keep TSM at it very close to zero. Not sure as to why completely, other than compatibility issues.
    Thanks for the quick answer. I have since tried the vehicle out on the road and it track perfectly with TSM set up to 50% when you get to 80% vehicle continues in a dead straight line but wiggles or shimmies from side to side...

but when you flip the vehicle over and run the motor on the bench the steering always veers to one side...

Strange, maybe its the was the gyros are trying to compensate. If the TMS it is trying to compensate and adjusts steering little by little because it does not sense the vehicle body moving. If TMS / gyros are not operation when vehicle is in reverse... this would seem to hold true..

RC Racer
    I have noticed the same thing with mine. I'm running a single savox. However, If you need to adjust the steering trim make sure you turn the TSM to zero first, this does effect how the steering reacts. Now that I have that figured out I am comfortable adjusting the TSM control on the fly as traction conditions change, like going from grass to loose dirt and then up my concrete driveway. Just my 2cw.

RC Enthusiast
    I can't agree with the diagnosis of a third party servo causing this effect. The description of the issue matches exactly to my Slash VXL 2WD, with one exception. I have the stock servo factory installed. When I called support, I was unsure of the actual reasons or acurate reporting of what I experienced for the steering problem.
    This has haunted me since day one. Steering to the Left constantly. Numerous attempts to correct this without success. The snap back to center turns off with TCM set to zero.

I am waiting for my new E-Revo 2.0, due in a few days. I was planning ahead for the servo failure and going to order the twin Savox Servos. Should I be alert to the same steering problems like my Slash?
    Last edited by Kona76; 09-04-2018 at 07:11 AM. Reason: spelling problems
    "Lead, follow or get out of the way".