Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    I've been done with Traxxas for several years now, had moved on to 1/8th scale buggies and truggies. A 4wd Rustler was what I had been waiting for and wasn't going to spend the time making my own. Now that it's coming I may buy a new traxxas for the first time in a long time.

RC Enthusiast
    Yea I’m a buyer this is exactly what I’ve been waiting for I’m ready to sell the revo 2.5r truck

RC Enthusiast
    I think this is a nice cross of the stampede and slash 4x4. It will keep from rolling over as much and looks to be quick with the LCG style chassis. Looking forward to bashing with it. Hope they create rpm arms and things for it quick.

I already have the CC system but not sure if I should just buy the VXL model and run it.

RC Competitor
    I soooo want one. I have wanted one since I got into the hobby. Now they are actually making it.

RC Racer
    My friends hobby store ordered a couple he told me that there's brushed , brushless, battery and no battery. I guess u can buy it with a battery or with out

RC Qualifier
    X-Maxx, think this truck is going to be tough as nails. Never really heard of any major weak points on these small 4x4s other than stock plastic driveshafts.

GotNoRice, the chassis is a "new" type of chassis. I did some research, cause I also would like to build my own Rustler 4x4. I found that the R4stler chassis is almost exactly the same as the Rally chassis as far as looks go. IDK if they changed dimensions at all, but it looks like all they did was switch to the 2wd style receiver box, and change the battery compartment. I think I might try this build on the Rally chassis, unless the R4stler releases before I get around to the build.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_N3RD View Post
    X-Maxx, think this truck is going to be tough as nails. Never really heard of any major weak points on these small 4x4s other than stock plastic driveshafts.

GotNoRice, the chassis is a "new" type of chassis. I did some research, cause I also would like to build my own Rustler 4x4. I found that the R4stler chassis is almost exactly the same as the Rally chassis as far as looks go. IDK if they changed dimensions at all, but it looks like all they did was switch to the 2wd style receiver box, and change the battery compartment. I think I might try this build on the Rally chassis, unless the R4stler releases before I get around to the build.
    The chassis is all new. It's not as long as the Slash 4x4, but it's not as short as the Stampede 4x4; it's in the middle. Otherwise that's the biggest difference besides the other things like you pointed out.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Qualifier
    Ah, thanks. Still think it would be fun to build a R4stler on the Rally chassis.

I really want one of these but im a little concerned about the ground clearance for driving on grass. The videos Ive seen look mostly pavement and dirt. I like how it has a longer chassis.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I don't think grass will be a problem. The wheels look pretty large, and the Rustler has pretty good ground clearance anyway. It looks low, but once you throw on some monster truck wheels and tires, it's just as capable as the Stampede.

RC Competitor
    Does anyone know when it is due out? I can't seem to see that, although, I could have missed it. I want one like, um, yesterday?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keggo View Post
    Does anyone know when it is due out? I can't seem to see that, although, I could have missed it. I want one like, um, yesterday?
    My LHS and Amain are thinking October. That could be just wave one or it could be enough to hold through Christmas. I would think it would be wave one in October and then restock all by Christmas.

RC Competitor
    Thank you willy92. At least that gives me a general idea to work off.

Kinda excited about this one!!!
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

The Rustler 4x4 will make a great road-warrior, and since I run on the streets more than any other surface, it looks very favorable, even more so than a Slash 4x4 LCG, because the shorter wheelbase will make it more maneuverable. Bombing down the hills and carving onto side streets will probably be more thrilling. I often find my Rustler 2wd does better than my Slash LCG/Rally, because it's lighter and shorter, but the lack of pull from the front keeps it from recovering from a bad fishtail. That will be remedied with a Rustler 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    I'm not sure when it'll hit the UK but ive ordered one

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    this just takes me to a login page...
    rizzodtheRCvlogger - www.youtube.com/user/rizz0d

RC poster
    Nice unboxing. Thank you for the link.

RC Qualifier
    I really like the idea for this, but I have bought more than six RC vehicles this year so I have to wait until next year. I will keep my eye on this one though. Nothing better than cheap 4X4 fun.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keggo View Post
    I just preordered mine tonight on the way home from work. My local hobby store, right across the street from my house, actually got a “display model” in. The body was the Hawaiian type paint scheme on it too. It wasn’t the green/blue like shown on Traxxas website.

Max this thing has an inch ground clearance sitting on the store counter. That was eyeballing it thou might be less. We put a 2wd Rustler next to it and the 4wd version sits notably lower.

I’m excited to get ahold of this thing as my son has the 2wd Rustler and it is both of our favorites to drive out of our stable of RC’s - Slash, Stampede & a E-revo 2.0.

Was told release date is Oct 22nd.

RC Racer
    I preordered the green/blue brushless one.dont know why it's taking a month to come out

RC poster
    Kind of torn on this one.....the price is whats holding me back. I just picked up the E-Revo 2.0 for a 150 more and a Kraton for a 100 bucks more. I still do really like this but bang for buck I am on the fence.

RC poster
    Ok so for converting your slash lcg to this you need the following:
    Shorter lcg chassis.
    New rear bearing carriers.(if not upgraded already)
    Plastic driveshafts (If you still have stock)
    Front bumper
    Rear wheelie bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12