RC Racer

Biggest diameter motor in Slash 2WD

What's the biggest diameter motor that can fit in a slash 2WD? I know the velineon motor is 36mm but I'm planning on addin g a bigger motor (40mm), can I fit that big a motor in the stock gearbox?

I'm looking at putting a 4270 in mine, 42mm diameter and 70mm long. I know it will fit in a RPM case, week or so out before I get it. In the mean time, it has a 1415 CC 2400kv in it, 40mm dia. can, no problems for me. Lay shaft pin needs an upgrade with the HP increase.

So just a question: which thread are we supposed to answer? You've got multiple going with the same questions.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    I'm sorry... just very confused because I don't want to spend money on something that won't even work on my car.

RC Champion
    With a 40 mm can and stock trans case gearing is pretty limited.
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jainm View Post
    What's the biggest diameter motor that can fit in a slash 2WD? I know the velineon motor is 36mm but I'm planning on addin g a bigger motor (40mm), can I fit that big a motor in the stock gearbox?
    I haven't tried this myself but i've heard with the rpm trans case or the Pro-line trans you can dremel out the motor mount slots and get the 1/8 scale size motor to fit on a 2wd. I fabricated a new mount out of carbon fiber which is another method but then the bumper brace can't be used in my case.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk