Thread: New UDR user

RC poster

New UDR user

Hi,

New UDR user here..
    I have recently bought a UDR. I can't believe how detail the truck is, over the SBR truck
    This truck is almost the same compared to 5B (length wise).
    I noticed rear shock is little bit too soft IMHO. I thing I will change the rear shock oil before I run it. Does anyone know what weight is the stock rear shock oil? But actually, I don't know exactly which shock should I change the oil of the dual rear shocks setup

I'm also interested with the Traxxas led light set with controller but noticed all the light bar housings are plastic. What do you do to protect the light bar from crash (especially the two's on the front)?

deeph

RC Racer
    I would run it first to see how you like it, it comes with 60w in the shocks. It seems like they come with zero preload front and rear so Iíd try adjusting them first. Thatís all Iv done and I think it works great with stock oil. I did rebuild all of them and used slime on the seals and they still leak, thatís my only complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I ran mine a few time to see what I needed to do......I also changed shock oil to 80wt.....I like a firm ride......and went open diff to take away the roll overs.

RC Competitor
    The manual says 60w rear, 30w front. I currently have 70w/40w with a variable valve setup in front. Basically, I want less dampening on rebound. Doing a lot of testing with Cyconxc whoops, GoPro and slo-mo. Once I get it dialed in, I'll move to the rear. Who knows what the oil weight will be in the end. Just havin' fun!
    Last edited by TraxxasTyro; 08-31-2018 at 10:53 PM.

RC Competitor
    I cant say for sure how the lights will last over the long run, but they do seem to be positioned for decent protection inside the chassis cage. Also, I have on a couple of occasions stupidly smashed my UDR head first into the curb at a pretty good rate of speed, and the front bumpers protected the LEDs from any damage. They still worked electrically too.

I imagine Traxxas tested their ruggedness a bit before releasing them for sale.

RC Competitor
    I imagine Traxxas tested their ruggedness a bit before releasing them for sale
    It's a certainty. I've often thought that the "weak" plastic bits everyone complains about are strategically designed to break or absorb impact. Might think twice before replacing stuff with aluminum bling... just sayin'.
    Last edited by TraxxasTyro; 09-02-2018 at 12:18 PM.

RC poster
    Thanks for all your info. I will try to run stock oil first and play with the preload then. I like more height on the rear when running. I saw many videos rear will sunk when run.

Anyway, I want to upgrade my front lower arms but anyone know where I can get the exact lower arm design that UDR used but in aluminum? I saw GPM but it just straight arm.

RC poster
    Has anyone tried this arms?
    Like the look!